House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Frizzers

Why You Will Never Own A Home ... New App Explains

Great vid !

Totally covers it.

*Bump

Great video! I will have to make my parents watch your entire youtube channel if they mention that I should buy a house again.

Who is the audience?

It's very good, enjoyable, and succint for people on here.

My only comment would be to add a very occasional, and also very short, explanation

For example: "The first thing you need to do is get some debt into this market. Debt will allow people .....

or "The first thing you need to do is get some debt into this market. Debt will allow the market (or prices) .....

Most people don't understand how debt alters the playing field, for example

You may not agree :-)

Edited by LiveinHope

Who is the audience?

I disagree. It achieves a good balance between being approachable and intriguing whilst avoiding becoming didactic. I feel that with all this debt-housing Ponzi stuff, you need to make your own way to an alternative perspective on old problems (and the manner in which they are conventionally treated in the mainstream media and by some parts of policy and commercial elites).

Also, one ought to be hesitant about looking at something somebody made which is partially an artistic endeavour and saying, "Well, I like it - but I think you should have made something else". Just my opinion.

I'd guess that if you put in the explanations you'd change the tone and the pace and rob it of lots of its funny. "Every thing is what it is, and not another thing"

I disagree.

yes a good balance. And for people who understand already it provides clever amusement.

If it is aimed at people who have never thought this way before, they may need an occasional strapline. I'd also worry that many won't question anything they see if they already hold a different belief, or if they don't think it relevant to them.

I'm not arguing for lengthy tortuous explanations throughout that would upset the flow or wit. I just think there are a couple of instances near the beginning where a 10 word explanation would help; if the film is aimed at a different audience to literate HPC.

That doesn't mean dumbing down

Just my opinion :-)

Edited by LiveinHope

Funny, if it wasn't so tragic.

Too bad he didn't mention the developer, also repsonsible for the very popular Globalisation and Offshore Banking apps.