House Price Crash Forum
Killer Bunny

Bland Unsight On The Radio

We can finally answer the question is BU a man, woman or a bit like HAL off 2001 a space odyssey only cleverer

... on Monday evening about HPs, BTL tax hikes and the outlook.

Excellent. Hope Blandy can get the points across as powerfully as he does on the forum. Good on you.

There seems to be a live stream feed here.

http://www.jongaunt.co.uk/

I'm not sure who the other 2 are, but I suspect the BTLers on PovertyLater definitely see Blandy/IdleWild as one of the 3 main anti-BTL leaders, hehe.

"MS says:

Read about me on my member profile

04/02/2016 at 22:00

Chris: its best to try and ignore the lunes / loons at HPC.

When not carefully copy-pasting selected articles or even more carefully selectively chosen stats, one of their ringleaders who permanently critiques this forums posts recently said of me something like he only sees what he wants to see.

Seriously? Pot. Kettle. Black.

Back in the real world (a concept perhaps unknown to the 3 main anti-LL leaders @HPC) what I always wanted and still want most personally, is simply for the govt to drop the BS C24 spin and actually consider listening to experts views (as opposed to their cronies, institutional party donors who clearly want a larger stake in the PRS without the competition from professional private LLs).

Obviously spends plenty of time monitoring this site but appears to have learnt nothing.

Like all over at Parasite118 he "knows" only 2 things - he "provides" housing that works otherwise not exist and that he has a God-given right to deduct interest from the cost of his mortgages.

In the real world, he is a greedy parasite who adds nothing to society other than extracting wealth from tenants while depriving others of the opportunity to buy their own.

And whoever was behind the YouTube video Sell 'em cheap to you has a lovely singing voice.

We can finally answer the question is BU a man, woman or a bit like HAL off 2001 a space odyssey only cleverer

Everyone knows BU (Idlewild) is a cyborg!

Story on BBC news just about changes to BTL. Landlord interviewed said he owns 5 properties but all will become loss making so plans to sell up over next few years. BBC say as many as 20% of current 5 million BTL properties could become loss making. Could impact housing prices. Likely to be welcomed by young people trying to get on the ladder. Good to see things starting to be mentioned in the main stream.

Story on BBC news just about changes to BTL. Landlord interviewed said he owns 5 properties but all will become loss making so plans to sell up over next few years. BBC say as many as 20% of current 5 million BTL properties could become loss making. Could impact housing prices. Likely to be welcomed by young people trying to get on the ladder. Good to see things starting to be mentioned in the main stream.

Hopefully a few more properties will be released onto the market that will allow new owner occupiers to purchase....purchase the same properties that were once bought as the first rung up, that in recent greed years have been bought by investors as an easy income, an income gained from the hard work of others....the now priced out. ;)

Everyone knows BU (Idlewild) is a cyborg!

Pictured in my younger days

XTut1l5.gif

Hopefully will be discussing some examples of how Clause 24 works. Generated these examples:

radio%2Bexamples.png

The basis of the calculations is here (pdf) and the spreadsheet is here (xlsx)

If you are already a higher rate tax payer, Clause 24 is straight forward. To work out how things will look 2020, all other things being equal, just subtract 20% of your mortgage interest expense from your old net cash flow after tax to get your new net cash flow after tax.

If mortgage rates move against you the size of rent hikes you need to stop your losses becomes ridiculous - in the worst case above, as detailed in the pdf, you need to hike the rent 11% a year for four years in a row. Good luck with that.

I have in my head a sort of Julian Clary/Christopher Biggins voice, and all seriousness will evaporate given the tidal wave of campness. Am I close?

I have in my head a sort of Julian Clary/Christopher Biggins voice, and all seriousness will evaporate given the tidal wave of campness. Am I close?

Worse. John Gaunt.

Anyone else having trouble loading that site

They were talking about boxing a few minutes ago, now it has gone silent. Anyone else getting a feed?