House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iop212

Landlord Harassment

Hi everyone,

I have started another thread here about issues with my landlord: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/208568-landlord-provided-fraudulent-information/

One of the issues is that the landlord has been harassing me and my flatmate, by sending plumber to the flat without giving us notice and starting repair work and leaving them unfinished. The plumber has gained access to our own since 5 January, and till now he still has keys to our home! We've told the landlord many times that we do not want this plumber to continue to have access to the flat as he has turned up and let himself in without giving us any notice. However the landlord just ignored our request.

It was only last week that we discovered we actually have the key to a second lock on the door (the plumber only has the key to one of the locks). We have been locking both locks ever since. On Tuesday evening the landlord said he would send the plumber over on Wednesday to pick up materials left from the repair work. I refused on the basis that he hadn't given us enough notice. However, when we came home on Wednesday we noticed that the top lock was open and slightly jammed, showing that someone has tried to open to the door. We think it was the plumber but we don't have any proof. Does anyone know how we might go about getting proof for this?

My flatmate and I have both moved out of the property as we fear for our safety. However we still want to be able to prove that the landlord has been harassing us, as we are still in the middle of a dispute over compensation. We have emailed the property management company asking for the CCTV footage, but not sure if we're going to get it. Anyone has any idea?

Many thanks

I think you may have to let this one go if you don't have any evidence.

In hindsight you could have possibly look into setting up something like this -

Motion Detector Pro is a great app that turn your smartphone into a surveillance device. The motion detection app has the ability movements that happen to take around and captures those as the app comprises of best and advanced motion detection algorithm. The moment the app detects motion, it immediately sends a text message or email along with the picture link to another phone, so that you can remotely monitor your place.

The best part of this app is text message feature is offered with password protection, which means until one can enter the correct password. All the captured images are stored in the SD card and at the same time you can store it on cloud too.

The app comes with many customization option which can be used to personalize the app accordingly. There are some features that are available in the paid version of the app, so switch to pro once you wish to access those advanced security features.

http://www.vizz.co/best-free-motion-detector-apps-motion-sensor-camera/

I think you may have to let this one go if you don't have any evidence.

In hindsight you could have possibly look into setting up something like this -

http://www.vizz.co/best-free-motion-detector-apps-motion-sensor-camera/

Actually needs to record video really, which some of the others do. Worth trying some of them out anyway.

Edited by spacedin