House Price Crash Forum

MrPin

HOLA441

All this talk of magic posh expensive coffee machines prompted me to think of teasmade machines, that make tea and wake you up. Amazingly, still available new. :blink: It reminds me of "olden days". :wacko:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I believe Jimmy Saville said that exact same thing when people asked how he was coping without his mother being around anymore.

That's off this topic! How did your attempt at arson go?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

All this talk of magic posh expensive coffee machines prompted me to think of teasmade machines, that make tea and wake you up. Amazingly, still available new. :blink: It reminds me of "olden days". :wacko:

My folks had one for years. Always seemed such a fag to me, to set it all up every night.

If I want a cup of tea first thing, I have a Mr B to go and make me one.

HOLA4416

This made me laugh (IT Geek warning), only the other day I was in a discussion with an investment banking CIO about converged infrastructure and Openstack/ Docker, and he commented that he thought hyper-converged infrastructure was a bit like a Teasmade.

I thought it was a good analogy, and later found a 2011 article making the same comment: http://www.cohodata.com/blog/2014/04/08/hyperconvergence-is-a-lazy-ideal/

For those that don't know, a hyper-converged appliance is supposed to converge compute, storage and networking through software running on a commodity server - it does this by virtualising the infrastructure components. This is the IT equivalent of combining a alarm clock, kettle and teapot. Whilst quite a few vendors spin a good story on this, it doesn't really scale that well - the analogy there being that it's like trying to service a dinner party with a Teasmade.

Now whilst you might be able to control a bunch of teasmades with some orchestration software, if you get to the need to do that, you might as well have already bought the infrastructure based on a more traditional converged infrastructure - which will be more reliable and easier to use.

HOLA4417

I'd never thought of virtual tea before. We are up to our ears in the Matrix. The teasmade is an item for a bygone information free age, when you found out new things in a library.

Archived