House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Mumsnet Thread - "tenant Monitoring Leaflets"!?

Boiler room BtLism

You can be pretty sure that if anything goes wrong except within a few days of a positive check then it won't be the monitoring company's fault.

It'll be sudden unexpected change of circumstances that couldn't possibly have been anticipated - along the lines of The Wolf of Wall Street.

Edited by billybong

In what sort of world would lettings agents see a market for a monitoring "service" for tenant finances, at the same time as their landlord customers think they will deal with Clause 24 by simply "putting the rents" up?

Ah yes, BTL world.

******ing numtpies.

Edited by Fully Detached

There really does need to be proper protection for renters - protected tenancies so long as rent is paid, that sort of thing... Then this sort of stupid idea would disappear.

Q - What do you call 100 letting agents drowning at the bottom of the North Sea?

A - A good start.

I have received one of these today. I am confused about what information they could possibly check and where.

Is it a regular credit check? That would decrease my credit score if it did happen often? Will be even more careful before I sign any tenancy agreements next time.

I have received one of these today. I am confused about what information they could possibly check and where.

Is it a regular credit check? That would decrease my credit score if it did happen often? Will be even more careful before I sign any tenancy agreements next time.

Letting agent does monthly credit check on tenants, as a result tenants' credit rating goes south, letting agent recommends eviction and gets to charge fees all over again with new tenant...... no, surely not?

They can't even accurately assess the financial positions of corporates (how many claim to be in rude financial health one day and then go bankrupt the next day - plenty) and now they want to pick on individuals.

Maybe fair enough if they always give them a AAAA rating.

stairway Wed 24-Feb-16 17:12:13

If anyone is interested the agency is called chancellors. They have this new service added to their website if anyone wants to check them out. I don't know what kinds of checks they are advertising but if I'm paying my rent on time why should I have someone snooping on me and using that information to raise the rent or end the tenancy. It is the principal more than anything.

Has anyone else ever looked at the list of abbreviations that are apparently widely used on that god-awful harridan haunt? http://www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms

"OMG yes YABU. DS and HC agree with me on this. Though BC I'd have said YANBU. Anyway have to go clean up my EWCM x"

Jesus H, why do you look at that 'harridan haunt' at all? Stupid question - only so that you can enjoy slagging it off.

Of course there are nutters/weirdos there, same as any site - including this - but a lot of women find it very helpful, including my daughter, being a new mother later in life than many.

And now she's expecting another, with a small gap, I found it very reassuring to search the site for that and find a very helpful discussion, with not one weirdo/nutter/harridan to be seen.

Why don't you stick to Bloke sites, where you'll find plenty of misogynists all too delighted to agree with you.

Jesus H, why do you look at that 'harridan haunt' at all? Stupid question - only so that you can enjoy slagging it off.

Of course there are nutters/weirdos there, same as any site - including this - but a lot of women find it very helpful, including my daughter, being a new mother later in life than many.

And now she's expecting another, with a small gap, I found it very reassuring to search the site for that and find a very helpful discussion, with not one weirdo/nutter/harridan to be seen.

Why don't you stick to Bloke sites, where you'll find plenty of misogynists all too delighted to agree with you.

misogynists oooh aaah

And another sad case...

...of what exactly. Thorwing ism's and ist's at people doesn't make an argument valid.

If spunko2010 want's to have a laugh at members of mum's net for their use of acronym's for every other word, by all means he should. That doesn't make him/(her?) misogynist.

acronyms.gif

GAS 2U!

DQMOT, BSF IDK WCA 2TXT W/LOA.

IYO, ITS EZ &PDQ... IDTS.

IMHO, ARE =ADIH. TBH, FUBAR &2M2H. GIAR, PLZ! KISS.

Translation:

Greetings and Salutations to you!

Don't quote me on this, but seriously folks I don't know who cares anyway to text with lists of acronyms.

In your opinion, its easy and pretty darn quick... I don't think so.

In my humble opinion, an acronym rich environment is another day in hell. To be honest. its *fouled* up beyond all recognition and too much to handle. Give it a rest, please! Keep it simple, stupid.

Just my two cents.

Regards,

Edited by Automotive Engineer

After using an acronym for the very first time in a text it used to be the custom to then explain its meaning and then they could use the acronym alone to their heart's content. Eventually the common ones used all the time didn't even need explanation (OMG).

Now often the assumption is that everyone knows the meaning straight away - even new ones.

Progress.

Edited by billybong

- but a lot of women find it very helpful, including my daughter, being a new mother later in life than many...

Should have sent her here. You know how we always like to help out.