House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spikey

Chat Room

Dear Mr Webmaster...

Please can we have a chatroom it would be really nice to be able to have a "conversation" instead of posting and waiting for responses!

Oh and nice site btw :)

Feel free to post support guys!

Edited by Spikey

Dear Mr Webmaster...

Please can we have a chatroom it would be really nice to be able to have a "conversation" instead of posting and waiting for responses!

Oh and nice site btw :)

Feel free to post support guys!

"so what do you think of house prices then?"

"too high I reckon"

"yeah me too"

"cool"

:)

"Listen all you lazy, want it all on a plate types, it was never easy. Go get a better job, two jobs or shut up.

I done it so should you".

Verbal fisticuffs then ensues.

Moderator pulls plug.

"Listen all you lazy, want it all on a plate types, it was never easy. Go get a better job, two jobs or shut up.

I done it so should you".

Verbal fisticuffs then ensues.

Moderator pulls plug.

Hehe... game of eye spy?? :)

A few reasons why we haven't done this.

Results in increased server load > run it off another server.... there are free ones around.....

Uses up a lot of bandwidth --- says who? and solution is same as above

Chatrooms ideally need to be monitored and we haven't got the resources to do this. I am sure long term members would be happy to moderate....

Can result in even more heated discussion/arguments than a forum thread due to it being real time. GREAT :) so what if it does again I am sure others in room will moderate it and anyone insulted can just ignore the guilty party!

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Can result in even more heated discussion/arguments than a forum thread due to it being real time. GREAT :) so what if it does again I am sure others in room will moderate it and anyone insulted can just ignore the guilty party!

As a member replied on another thread. We could always form our own chat room. <_<

They can easily be set to up free and run on a hosting server eliminating bandwidth and server issues.

But I agree with previous posters comments on the content of the chat room -

"House prices are gonna crash" will generate praise

"House prices are gonna rise" Will generate troll accusations.

Suppose it'll be similar to the posts on the website.

Most people post so frequently on this website that it's pretty much realtime as it is!

Free Chat room

The great thing about having all the chat on the forum is that anyone can join the conversation at any time. With a chat room you don't get to read the previous "chat" when you join.

If you fancy chatting about stuff other than house prices try the off topic forum. Up late at night and fancy a realtime conversation? Right Freds Dead, The Chuz and Shakerbaby are usually up into the wee hours and very active. You'll be more or less chatting in realtime on the board then anyway. Unlike a chatroom however, your drunken slurr will be preserved for all time long after the alcohol has left the system...then again, there's always the "edit post" button.

;)