House Price Crash Forum

Battersea Slow Burn Gathering Pace

gekko2670

HOLA441

Best evidence to date of the Battersea time bomb..when you have the original Chinese buyers in slotting their off plan flumps in front of the developers it is not going to end well

This guy is openly advertising on rightmove that he paid too much 6 months ago...and needs an out..

battersea.jpg

post-40770-0-54607300-1456132914_thumb.jpg

HOLA442

Best evidence to date of the Battersea time bomb..when you have the original Chinese buyers in slotting their off plan flumps in front of the developers it is not going to end well

This guy is openly advertising on rightmove that he paid too much 6 months ago...and needs an out..

How do you know its Chinese buyers and the rest?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I'm not from London but obviously interested in the property market here. My question to people working in London is do people really want to live in these modern high rise flats or if not what sort of price might tempt you?

200-300k? Being from Shropshire I find the thought of paying 1m for this kind of place a bad joke.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I'm not from London but obviously interested in the property market here. My question to people working in London is do people really want to live in these modern high rise flats or if not what sort of price might tempt you?

200-300k? Being from Shropshire I find the thought of paying 1m for this kind of place a bad joke.

Id happily buy one at 250k. 300K id feel uncomfortable.

HOLA4413

I used to live in Battersea and now live in Shropshire. I can't understand what possesses anyone to pay the thick end of £1m on a two bed flat in Vauxhall either.

HOLA4414

So only 3-4 times overpriced?!?! I'm not holding my breath for a 50% reduction anytime soon though although it would be nice.

I've viewed a number of properties in Shropshire but it's the same old story. Vendors holding out for every penny of asking price. The last vendor told me he thought the EA had undervalued his property. When I see flats in London for 800-1m in what look like not so great areas I start to wonder if 550k for a 4 bed house with 1/2 an acre actually represents good value! Either that or I've just finally been taken in by the hype

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Badly written. I think he means,

'Greedy developers set eye watering prices sure in the knowledge that some mugs would pay. As many of these gullible fools were overseas buyers, there was every chance of this being successful.

Now, overseas buyers have changed their minds and will not complete their purchases.

The developers are stuck, just like a rabbit frozen in the approaching headlights.'

HOLA4420

I've seen some staggering prices for newbuild flats in Putney lately, but a quick chick on zoopla just revealed 3, in 2 different newdevelopments in Sw15, reduced, All 2 beds. One overlooking Barnes common, down 11% to 650k, and 2 in Putney - the London sq. development - both down 6.3% to 750k. There may well be more - I found these in 2 minutes.

Still staggering, but good to see that they haven't all been 'snapped up' immediately.

HOLA4421