House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yellerkat

Which Noise Cancelling Headphones?

Preferably with Bluetooth because I'm a clumsy idiot. The Bose QuietComfort 25 are wired only. There must be a reason for this - is it related to the noise cancellation function?

Money no object (within reason of course). Damn, now I'll be drummed out of HPC.

Cant you just wear ear defenders with in ear headphones?

Just ripped the buds out of my ears and flung the phone to the floor - making a bowl of porridge. My clumsiness knows no bounds.

Preferably with Bluetooth because I'm a clumsy idiot. The Bose QuietComfort 25 are wired only. There must be a reason for this - is it related to the noise cancellation function?

Money no object (within reason of course). Damn, now I'll be drummed out of HPC.

Aren't they powered and rely on power from aircraft seating? Batteries would not last long on a long haul flight. Not enough power and the noise cancelling would lessen as batteries drained.

Actually, if you only want the noise cancelling then the Bose ones are wireless (they have a single AAA battery).

The cable unplugs at the headphone end, you quite often see people on long haul flights walking around with just the headphones on and no cable. The cable just connects you to your music.

I expect the reason they didn't do the wireless is because the noise cancelling alone will eat your battery after about 12 hours, I expect wireless would kill them dead even quicker. Given most people buy them for flying there wouldn't be a need for wireless anyway.

Try a pair first if you can. The noise cancelling is great for "noise", not so good for voices etc. They do actually seem to be tuned specifically for cabin noise.

If you just want complete noise deadening a standard pair of over-ear ear defenders may actually be better (though probably not as comfortable).

[edit: auto correct]

Just ripped the buds out of my ears and flung the phone to the floor - making a bowl of porridge. My clumsiness knows no bounds.

Maybe its your bodies self defense mechanism kicking in 'you must be able to hear you silly sod'

I looked into the Bose ones a few years back and several reviews stated that there are better noise cancelling ones out there now for less money.

The Bose ones have a good rep though and were very much targeted at air travellers.

Impressive. But probably cheaper to use oats.

Aren't they powered and rely on power from aircraft seating? Batteries would not last long on a long haul flight. Not enough power and the noise cancelling would lessen as batteries drained.

I had a set of planequiet headphones single battery, lasted for weeks.

I've had a good couple of months so I've gone for the Parrot Zik 3.

Don't look them up if you're an extreme frugalista.

Wow, they even stop the noise from inside a helicopter...

Shame that much of that noise comes through your skull via your skeleton and everywhere other than your ears....pretty though.

Cant you just wear ear defenders with in ear headphones?

I've done it the other way around - Wear earplugs with normal headphones and turn the volume up a bit. Works ok.

Anyone got any decent bluetooth ones that they use while running?

around 20 quid!

I think a good set that you would want to listen to, might be more expensive! :huh: Open your wallet, but do try them first. :wacko:

I think a good set that you would want to listen to, might be more expensive! :huh: Open your wallet, but do try them first. :wacko:

For running Pin..! I'd have though that the main requirements would be compatibility with sweat and the ability to not fall off, possibly along with the ability of the battery last the duration of the workout (if you're a long distance sort of runner). Sound quality comes after...

Although quite why you'd want to listen to music (or anything else) while running is beyond me. Running for me is a nice opportunity to get away from all that noise.

The price of these things :o

Indeed!

On one thread we have people counting the number of baked beans in a tin from the 1980's and in another we have somebody spending £380 to not hear anything!

:lol:

For running Pin..! I'd have though that the main requirements would be compatibility with sweat and the ability to not fall off, possibly along with the ability of the battery last the duration of the workout (if you're a long distance sort of runner). Sound quality comes after...

Although quite why you'd want to listen to music (or anything else) while running is beyond me. Running for me is a nice opportunity to get away from all that noise.

Now I would agree with that! There is a time for seeing nature, and another for music. I don't care if my fridge makes a funny noise, or a clock strikes. My brain filters that out.

I don't care if my fridge makes a funny noise, or a clock strikes. My brain filters that out.

Ha! you say that - but I had to replace the clock in the office this Christmas because the ticking was particularly annoying!

Ha! you say that - but I had to replace the clock in the office this Christmas because the ticking was particularly annoying!

It must have been an old office. Clocks don't tick now. Not this century!

It must have been an old office. Clocks don't tick now. Not this century!

Couldn't get a new office - too soon since I got rid of the old old office.

Now, the old old office was fine - that was so old the clocks ticked once every minute which wasn't a problem at all. It was these new fangled one tick/tock every second clocks that caused the problem.

It's impossible to overcome the discomfort element so I paid Survivor to follow me round on a milk float repeatedly playing Eye Of The Tiger. Unfortunately, their lead singer gave out before my legs, and as Bill Conti isn't returning my calls I've had to put jogging on the back burner for the time being.