House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostly

Eu Referendum Poll

Added a poll for HPCers to express their voting preference. May start another nearer the time. Mods: feel free to merge with the Brexit thread if you prefer.

Leave, because I'm not mental.

On the one side we have reasoned views, backed up with facts and thought provoking arguments and on the other we have the stark reality of life under the EU with all it's future doom,gloom and slavery wrapped up in a fist of threats and intimidation.

It's tricky I know.... :lol:

Ha ha I am the only one to vote to stay so far and I am only doing so to further the Scottish Independence cause! Just goes to show how out of touch this forum is with the average man on the street!

Ha ha I am the only one to vote to stay so far and I am only doing so to further the Scottish Independence cause! Just goes to show how out of touch this forum is with the average man on the street!

I thought campervanman would have joined you but he might not have seen the thread yet.

FT Poll tracker as of today has it neck and neck 41% each side with 18% undecided......

https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

This isn't going to the cakewalk some people envisage......

I'm tempted to run some stats on that - it looks to me that the results have more to do with who ran the poll than the date e.g. ipsos mori consistently has remain winning with a high margin whereas yougov are calling it much closer with leave winning.

I'm tempted to run some stats on that - it looks to me that the results have more to do with who ran the poll than the date e.g. ipsos mori consistently has remain winning with a high margin whereas yougov are calling it much closer with leave winning.

Suppose it all depends on how hacked off people are with the questioning when the phone rings.......

cybernat..you are aware that you will no longer be ruled by England, but by another foreign power.

you won't be independent, that's for sure.

cybernat..you are aware that you will no longer be ruled by England, but by another foreign power.

you won't be independent, that's for sure.

Currently we are ruled from Westminster and the EU. One less is better. Do you support brexit? If so I assume you also support Scottish Independence?

Edited by CyberNat

Suppose it all depends on how hacked off people are with the questioning when the phone rings.......

I was polled for the last general election (can't remember who by) and they asked me dozens of questions about Obama, Russia, China, free speech and all sorts of other things before finally asking me who I was voting for. I can see how those sorts of questions could put people in a particular frame of mind and affect the final answer in people who aren't 100% sure who they're going to vote for.

I was polled for the last general election (can't remember who by) and they asked me dozens of questions about Obama, Russia, China, free speech and all sorts of other things before finally asking me who I was voting for. I can see how those sorts of questions could put people in a particular frame of mind and affect the final answer in people who aren't 100% sure who they're going to vote for.

I think one thing the leave has going for it is their voters are more likely to actually vote. They get an outlet to express their anger at the system.

I also think more leaves than the "remains" will say "undecided" in a poll rather than have to justify themselves or risk being called a nazi.

I appreciate your reasons, but let me ask...

You want to have a clear difference between the English and Scottish votes - yes? So that the Scots can them justifiably campaign for another referendum. Have I go that right?

If so, surely you need 2 things to happen:

1. that the vote across the UK is to leave
  2. that the Scots vote is markedly different

It occurs to me then, that unless you get No.1, No.2 doesn't matter. So shouldn't you guys be making sure that some ScotsNats are voting to leave (thus adding to the chances on No.1) so that you can enact your net referendum plan?

I am glad i am not the only one who thinks this is blindingly obvious

So shouldn't you guys be making sure that some ScotsNats are voting to leave (thus adding to the chances on No.1) so that you can enact your net referendum plan?

Currently we are ruled from Westminster and the EU. One less is better. Do you support brexit? If so I assume you also support iScottish Independence?

By saying one less is better is flawed. Why not tell the eu to take a hike as well if beimg ruled is so bad