House Price Crash Forum

June 23Rd - What Will You Be Doing?

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441

How come the SJWs seem to predominate on social media, but on forums and newspaper comments, they seem to mostly get a good kicking?

'Social' media is dominated by short catchy one liners with no justification or reasoning, coupled with the fact that 99% of people using the social media platforms can't/won't read anything longer than 15 words and so the SJWs 'win' on those platforms.

Any platform where there can be reasoned debate with facts, graphs, sources quoted etc. and SJWs are out of ammo immediately.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Also the SJW's on twitter can send someones comment viral & conjure up a hate mob to attempt to shame someone in public / damage their business / lose them their job etc

Witness numerous celebrities falling foul of it for an innocous off the cuff comment.

Someone could end up more publicised than the front page of the Sun.

A very dangerous platform IMPO

HOLA443

Like most people, I more or less keep my opinions to myself on social media, generally sticking to posting the odd pic of my holidays, liking the odd post and saying happy birthday to people. I think it is safest as anything you say can be taken the wrong way or you could be jumped on by someone who doesn't like your opinion.

'Friends' who are of the social justice percussion are the exact opposite, posting crap about 'austerity' 24/7. For me it is easier to just keep out of it.

I think these 'social justice' attacks don't really represent reality, and I definitely don't understand why the mainstream media report on it.

I am hoping the silent majority will use their votes wisely on 23rd June.

HOLA444

Just got a `your family is better off in Europe` leaflet though the door.

Fear risk and worry and worry and risk and fear sums it up.

If someone knocks on the door I`ll say I`m voting `in` (I wont) so that lots of foreigners will come to work here so I`ll live on benefits for the last 40+ years of my life.(true in part !)

The more jobs if we stay in europe leaflet?

HOLA445
HOLA446

How come the SJWs seem to predominate on social media, but on forums and newspaper comments, they seem to mostly get a good kicking?

I have listened to Fivelive more or less every morning since it began. I am giving up now and changing to a different station as I can no longer stand what it is seemingly now, IMPO, just apologists for Islam.

I mention this as I keep an eye on the BBC Fivelive twitter feed and it is usually sensible tweets but biased in favour of leaving the EU and of actually doing something about Islamofascists. However, this morning being a case in point, they had a phone-in on the Brussels murders and it just seemed to be an opportunity for the presenter to sprout his guff and also seemed like he had got one of his muslim mates on - no idea if he is a mate of his or not but you got that impression - and then, within minutes of this guest being on, the Fivelive twitter feed was swamped with people backing him.

It just came across as see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil when it came to islam. I can't stomach it anymore. I am annoyed that I have to pay the BBC licence fee for it. I am angered that the presenter gets paid a load of money for being on there.

My point being, that the SJWs are very well organised and, as luvvies in the media love twitter and facebook, they promote a belief in X when, in reality, most people are actually thinking Y.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I'm actually flying back to the Uk to vote. Don't trust the postal schemes that have disenfranchised me from the last two general elections.

Sorted out my Proxy (Dad will do the duty) vote although I will actually be in the UK.

3 days before I'll be in Iran so just incase I get detained :unsure:

HOLA4413
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4414

Archived