House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stuckin2up2down

All Land Seems To Be Sold Off With A 50% Development Uplift Clause Around Here

I'm thinking of buying a small plot of land to live discreetly in, however it is annoying that all the land around here (bristol) has an uplift clause for 50% for 21 years. I wouldn't mind if the land was cheap as chips, but its not. It does seem to be they want the best of both worlds. So i'm not buying.

I see that HPI is priced in already.

If land costs £1m per acre for building purposes - all land is now worth £1million.

How much is agricultural land worth for agriculture? £1,000=£2,000 maybe.

Uplift clauses are quite a standard thing now especially on agricultural land, ex-council land, ex NHS land etc etc. 21 years is quite a short one and is a sensible way of dealing with developers who are only in it to make a killing. Brother in-law, has an ex-council owned piece of agricultural land which he has farmed for a number of years with a 100 year uplift clause in it, was made an offer for it at quite a daft price as it overlooks rather scenic forestry commission land. I guessed the tool that offered the daft money was a local developer after making a quick killing, sure enough as soon has he found out about the clause he withdrew the offer pronto.

If you are going to live discreetly in a temporary structure why would 21 years be a problem.