House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

long time lurking

Text`s Allegedly From Linkedin

Been getting them for a while now " so and so wants to connect with you on linkedin" what's the scam ? i`m assuming it`s a scam as i don`t do linkedin or any other social media ,or are they just peadling their wares

Could be legit if they are people you know. LinkedIn requests to scan a user's contacts from their Outlook/email/whatever and then asks that user if they want to connect with you or invite you to LinkedIn. You then get the invite.

Could be legit if they are people you know. LinkedIn requests to scan a user's contacts from their Outlook/email/whatever and then asks that user if they want to connect with you or invite you to LinkedIn. You then get the invite.

I don`t know any of the names in the texts they seem to be random names male and female ,the fact they only seem to have my mobile number leads me to think its a random phishing scam of some sort ,as they never refer to me by name

I don`t know any of the names in the texts they seem to be random names male and female ,the fact they only seem to have my mobile number leads me to think its a random phishing scam of some sort ,as they never refer to me by name

I have also been getting these. Best thing to do is mark anything to do with linkedin as JUNK.

I had one from someone I knew from the past..tech is getting very clever nowadays..this person never had my e mail add` so how Linkedin connected us I can only imagine, it must have been a very tenuous way thorugh the internet. I also read that linkedin is not doing so well lately so maybe they are scraping the bottom of the barrel ............ <_<

Usually recruiters you never met. I only connect to people on Linked in that I know.

How do you do that ? with a SMS text messages on a phone

I think most UK networks support this... forward the SMS spam to 7726 (which is old key-press speak for SPAM)

Article here from 2012 mentions Vodafone use 87726.