House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byron

Illegal To Use A Legal Name

Just passed a roadside billboard in Swansea which says, 'TRUTH' it is illegal to use a legal name.

Anybody know what this is all about?

As far as I can make out it is all about how birth certificates are Crown copyrighted, and you have to ask permission to use the content - ie your name. So if you've not overtly gained permission then anything that involves your name is illegal.

There is talk about this being relevant to voting, and also meaning that if you've any debt that it wasn't obtained legally and thus doesn't need to be paid back.

It is quite clearly nonsense.

As far as I can make out it is all about how birth certificates are Crown copyrighted, and you have to ask permission to use the content - ie your name. So if you've not overtly gained permission then anything that involves your name is illegal.

There is talk about this being relevant to voting, and also meaning that if you've any debt that it wasn't obtained legally and thus doesn't need to be paid back.

It is quite clearly nonsense.

Free man of the land ?

What is he on about? I just wasted over 2 minutes watching a video of a guy pointing out that the billboards were up - did I miss the explanation of what they are supposed to mean/represent?

Also, why does he pronounse Aldi as Al-die? I always thought it was Al-dee?

What is he on about? I just wasted over 2 minutes watching a video of a guy pointing out that the billboards were up - did I miss the explanation of what they are supposed to mean/represent?

I didn't make it! The video or the billboards..... :P

It's some crap about the state owning the copyright of 'your name' and any use of it is copyright theft and is illegal. This makes all paperwork illegal and you can go around killing and not taking driving tests or paying road tax and everything. It's great!

Until you get locked up....

Yes, it sounds like more sovereign man idiocy (I'm not going to waste my time watching the video).

I'm not even sure that the concept of 'legal name' has any meaning in the UK, anyway. You can use what, and as many, names as youwant as long as it is not for fraud.

I even call myself Happy Renting on the internet.

Listen again to what he says about it.

Edit : That makes me sounds like I'm giving it validity, I just me he explains his pronunciation, or at least gives hints as to it.

I didn't make it! The video or the billboards..... :P

It's some crap about the state owning the copyright of 'your name' and any use of it is copyright theft and is illegal. This makes all paperwork illegal and you can go around killing and not taking driving tests or paying road tax and everything. It's great!

Until you get locked up....

Maybe the people that don't want to be hassled by the police etc. should move to where there is real freedom, Somalia.

Maybe the people that don't want to be hassled by the police etc. should move to where there is real freedom, Somalia.

By that logic people in Somalia who don't like the situation their country is in should move to the most 1984-like place they can find.

Freemen on the land. WIth guns.

Freemen on the land. WIth guns.

I've been to some right sh1tholes. I wonder what Somalia is really like? :huh:

Iman comes from Somalia.

Is that some boy band pop star?