House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Contactless? That'll Do Nicely

An RFID wallet soon pays for itself.

Reading up on this they aren't always taking a payment; they are instead taking the card details and subsequently using them to make online purchases.

Why not get a wodge of notes out rolled in a rubber band for the larger purchases? The Sopranos did. I can't think why people pay for a cup of coffee by electronic means. :(

Can someone suggest a good place to buy a RFID wallet?

Why not keep your wallet in a biscuit tin, with the Faberge eggs, and sovereigns?

Why not keep your wallet in a biscuit tin, with the Faberge eggs, and sovereigns?

Why not keep it in my pants ?

They have the added advantage that if you are incontinent the piss will flood out leaving you nice and dry inside and your cards 100% secure.

Edit, I'm beginning to doubt the practicality of a metallised rubber gusset.

Can someone suggest a good place to buy a RFID wallet?

Had one from Christmas off eBay, nice grainy brown leather uncomplicated job (no zips to make it fat or catches to catch on your trousers) also available in black.

Prime Hide £16.98. Aussie co, seems to do a good range of stuff.

Can't link from the phone.

Had one from Christmas off eBay, nice grainy brown leather uncomplicated job (no zips to make it fat or catches to catch on your trousers) also available in black.

The wallet is blocking the phone signal ?

Is that because you are in a tinfoil Faraday shield and have no signal?

The wallet is blocking the phone signal ?

Yes, woven into it. There are hard case ones too but I think I'd do myself a mischief sitting down with one of those in my pocket.

Why not keep it in my pants ?

They have the added advantage that if you are incontinent the piss will flood out leaving you nice and dry inside and your cards 100% secure.

Edit, I'm beginning to doubt the practicality of a metallised rubber gusset.

"Davey" underpants as used by miners are made of copper gauze and protect you from self igniting farts and radio waves!

Is that because you are in a tinfoil Faraday shield and have no signal?

Ah, got it.

No, I've never mastered cut and paste on touch screen phones.

"Davey" underpants as used by miners are made of copper gauze and protect you from self igniting farts and radio waves!

I use the copper matting because it has less eddy currents. The resistance is high at LF but low at HF. I have never investigated the metallised rubber, but wondered what I could use it for. Probably it is not as good a shield as the copper.

Cos you might object to people going for their wallet at short notice.

No you idiot. The idea was that he BUYS my pants and uses them. Not stores an assortment of crap in the ones I'm wearing. That real estate isn't up for rent - or at least not this week.

Maybe I could flog TMT a metallised gimp mask. It could stop people using RFID to read your brain.

I was thinking of wrapping my wallet in tinfoil - not sure whether it would work. Or just walk around in some kind of tin foild faraday cage suit.

Like one of those mythical Cydermen from Doctor Who? I don't think could drink much cider, as they would have problems getting th old boy out from the suit when they wanted a slash! You coulld just make all your telephone calls from a red K6 kiosk.

Like one of those mythical Cydermen from Doctor Who? I don't think could drink much cider, as they would have problems getting th old boy out from the suit when they wanted a slash! You coulld just make all your telephone calls from a red K6 kiosk.

Very true. I specifically watched that one with Roger Lloyd-Pack to see whether the Cydermen would be drinking Natch, Rosie or Sheppy's in the future or whether they'd have gone over to the darkside and be quaffing Magners with ice. But nothing, not one mention.

but but, banks tell me my card is totally secure and that if I am ripped off, it must have been me passing on my pin..

Very true. I specifically watched that one with Roger Lloyd-Pack to see whether the Cydermen would be drinking Natch, Rosie or Sheppy's in the future or whether they'd have gone over to the darkside and be quaffing Magners with ice. But nothing, not one mention.

I am a great fan of "traditional" cider, and don't like the modern "lifestyle" stuff that spends a bogload on advertising. As a traditional "cyderman" I wear a metallic smock to shield myself from radiation ( and conveniently handy when your guts go suddenly after too many pints) , but still wear a metal helmet with churn handles on it. :blink: Round here, this is "normal".. ;)