House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iamnumerate

Plenty Of Cheap Houses In London For Some

For some at least, this is why I don't like social housing if we build more of it, it will just go to people like this.

I know some will say this is from the Mail, but is it true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3450746/Jobless-Somali-refugee-family-rehoused-2m-mansion-1-3m-semi.html?ito=social-facebook

Jobless Somali refugee family who have not worked since arriving in the UK in 2008 are rehoused from their £2m Hampstead council house - into a £1.3m one around the corner
  • Family provoked outrage when they were given £2million mansion in 2011
  • They've now been moved into a £1.3million property due to the benefits cap
  • Locals say the property has been expensively renovated for them
  • Council-owned property's rent is kept low beneath the benefits cap

Local resident Pedro Rodriguez said: 'The council have given them a home of luxury and spent thousands renovating it before they moved in.

'The house is huge and it has been decorated to a very high standard with an open-plan layout, high spec kitchen and slate patio.'

I accept we need to house them but why on earth do they need to be housed in Hampstead when they have zero local connections?

I wish we could all opt to live virtually rent free in Hampstead - cos we fancy it. The officials responsible should be sacked.