House Price Crash Forum

Deutschland 83

SNACR

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Is this a trick question ? Never seen the show but did a google and then saw she has been in Playboy - and then did another google.

And then wondered why a question like this thread would ever be asked. I reckon some gay blokes would even give that a go. :ph34r:

HOLA444

Yes, no idea who she is but at least the "Women you fancy but really you shouldn't" thread was interesting. Saying that you fancy a clearly attractive woman is the sort of thing that blokes unsure about their sexuality tend to say as it makes them feel one of the lads and know that they won't get responses like "You're joking" "Are you gay or something?". (I'm not suggesting that for the two OP in this thread BTW).

There is nothing interesting about saying you fancied Pamela Anderson when she was in Baywatch. Saying you have the hots for Angela Merkel however is. And I don't.

Oliver Reed struck me as an extreme heterosexual in that he would shag pretty much any woman, he didn't discrimnate for looks, being old, fitness: such standards were for other people. Reminds me of someone, can't think who.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

It was a double-bill series finale so I was going to post a sort of review of the series/plot twists as thought the series noteworthy given its foreign language nature. Unfortunately this was crowded out by my main thought on the series.

I too had no idea she'd done a Playboy spread. I think this means she is also a considerate personality as by providing the internet with pictures of her business end she has saved many man hours on photoshop.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I have no idea who "she" was. Stamm was cute, though. Series was outstanding. Highly recommended if you didn't see it, one of the highlights of the year to be.

I was quite annoyed with myself for not seeing the Star Wars plot twist coming. Thought it had some great casting/acting.

Yvonne was General Edel's daughter. Annette was ok too but couldn't warm to her because of the name as whenever I hear it I think of the big girl Benny Hill lusted after in Italian Job.

HOLA4412

I've heard about this series, but have yet to see it...Other similar films about Germany in the 70s & 80s could include The Secret Lives of Others, The Baader Meinhof Complex & Goodbye Lenin! All pretty good...

I'd say Lives of Others is a must see, for anyone who hasn't, and a good few notches above the other two.

Like Lives of Others it does really manage a real feeling of a totally alien country/era. However, they didn't seem to use that many locations on Deutschland but not sure if that was due to budget restrictions or they're harder to find in Germany these days.

HOLA4413

I'd say Lives of Others is a must see, for anyone who hasn't, and a good few notches above the other two.

Like Lives of Others it does really manage a real feeling of a totally alien country/era. However, they didn't seem to use that many locations on Deutschland but not sure if that was due to budget restrictions or they're harder to find in Germany these days.

It was really noticeable wasn't it and they used the same places multiple times for different places. The place he went to drop the generals off for the brothel which I think was supposed to be Brussels was the same place that got blown up in a later episode when he was in Berlin. There were a couple of other examples as well that I can't exactly remember but were equally obvious.

HOLA4414

Meticulous attention to detail, even where a car's tail lamp was glimpsed behind a pillar it was chronologically correct. And the rest of the series was as skilfully put together. My main gripe with these dramas is the over use of coincidence in the plot, but this wasn't bad at all in that respect. I don't think that sub titles took anything away from it at all. Very atmospheric, especially the GDR cobbled streets, for those who have not been there the old East is really worth a visit.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Assuming sPinwheel is being serious. Let that sink in: sPinwheel, serious post. I don't f**king think so!

I was actually quoting Dave Beans but misinterpreted the question mark thinking it meant:

two out ten (or three..)

when he actually meant:

two out of ten? You're joking right?

If it was just Spinwheel I wouldn't have replied.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I've missed all this, and would like to watch it. On catch up, all that seems to be available is ep 7. Is there any way of seeing the rest, apart from waiting for it to be repeated? Why do people call it catch up, when it's feckin impossible to catch up?

Archived