House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

20% Of Landlords Not In Tenants Deposit Scheme

Unless i missed something it's 16.66% of landlords , 1 in 6, not 1 in 5 : 20%

Bournemouth-based Steele Raymond solicitors spoke out after research by the Centre for Economics and Business Research found that one in six landlords did not use official deposit protection schemes.

Mine isn't! I have asked him to protect it but to no avail

Now that the boiler's playing up, I have half a mind not to pay any more rent. He can't issue an S21 without deposit protection!

Mine isn't! I have asked him to protect it but to no avail

Now that the boiler's playing up, I have half a mind not to pay any more rent. He can't issue an S21 without deposit protection!

Yes but he can still put it in the deposit scheme and then issue a section 21 when he discovers you haven't been paying your rent :( Then again, most buy to let landlords are such amateurs they won't be aware of this.

Yes but he can still put it in the deposit scheme and then issue a section 21 when he discovers you haven't been paying your rent :( Then again, most buy to let landlords are such amateurs they won't be aware of this.

If it's a new contract (since October 2015) then the LL cannot issue a section 21 while there is work outstanding as long as he's been notified in writing.

If it's a new contract (since October 2015) then the LL cannot issue a section 21 while there is work outstanding as long as he's been notified in writing.

Sadly not. The tenancy started in March '15.

But I don't care too much. I'll carry on paying the rent. I'll just not pay the last month's rent when it's time to move. I get the impression getting most (if not all) of the deposit money back from him will be difficult. The Heating Engineer informed me that the landlord takes his time settling his bills for work.