House Price Crash Forum
Tin Foil Hat

Omfg 695K For A Dogbox

I was open jawed at the LBC radio ad - 695k for a shitty flat with the advertised guaranteed 4% return for landlords - so this is yet another development of "homes" (aka transitory kennels for people who won't put down roots) purely created for BTL parasites.

http://www.galliardhomes.com/The-Fusion

Thank the juddering ****** I moved up north to the midlands with my acre for less than half the cost of one of these shit holes.

Edited by Tin Foil Hat

Galliard homes don't even bother trying to make it look like they will sell to OO. Every advert they do is aimed at LL's. I really won't miss them or their adverts when the time comes.

A 4% return is £27.8k or £2,317 per month. Surely no one will pay that sort of rent?

I was open jawed at the LBC radio ad - 695k for a shitty flat with the advertised guaranteed 4% return for landlords - so this is yet another development of "homes" (aka transitory kennels for people who won't put down roots) purely created for BTL parasites.

http://www.galliardhomes.com/The-Fusion

Thank the juddering ****** I moved up north to the midlands with my acre for less than half the cost of one of these shit holes.

Edited by Odysseus

These aren't just flats. These are Avant Garde Apartments!

Watch the video. I dare you :)

Astonishing. "Gastro eatery" is new on me. Impressed that they've got an "integrated music docking station for the master bedrooms", that's got to be worth a £200k just on its own. It sells itself.

These aren't just flats. These are Avant Garde Apartments!

Watch the video. I dare you :)

What has been seen cannot be unseen, oh dear......

Galliard homes don't even bother trying to make it look like they will sell to OO. Every advert they do is aimed at LL's. I really won't miss them or their adverts when the time comes.

I do seem to remember their ads disappearing for a bit after 2008. Happy days!

You don't get space. You get 'a sense of space'.

Sign me up.

Oh indeed. That's true. As you know..

Madness. It will end. I hope the 118 don't react like a cult follower who remains in denial after their cult leader is exposed.

Edited by Tapori

To be fair it is two extremes though, the big house will be miles from the nearest town, or there is some other issue, maybe plenty of similar for sale, that mean it has to be a "bargain" price? A city person could really go bat-shit in a big house in the country like that, Jack Torrance stuff, and no doubt many a Londoner has gone to France to live the dream and ended up divorced/bonkers/alcoholic etc.? Of course as you point out the city flat is a bad joke, only in a brainwashed Counter Clock world could developers even think about trying that on, but my feeling is that more and more of the public are waking up, many people I speak to sometimes say that houses are "crazy", but they glaze over when we start talking about how the banking/lending/Gov-prop system fuelled/fuels this.

There is a reason why French chateaux seem so relatively cheap - buying is one thing but very few people can afford to heat and maintain them. You need the sort of very deep pockets where it doesn't much matter whether heating oil costs you 5k or 50k a year. I speak from 2nd hand experience - a relative of Mr B's has one and the previous owners were desperate to offload it - they ran it as an upmarket B and B and the costs were crippling them. (The relative did tell me not long ago that heating oil was costing him 50k euros a year.) Edited by Mrs Bear

50k!!! would heat 10 Chateaux. The locals are syphoning it off :lol:

There is a reason why French chateaux seem so relatively cheap - buying is one thing but very few people can afford to heat and maintain them. You need the sort of very deep pockets where it doesn't much matter whether heating oil costs you 5k or 50k a year. I speak from 2nd hand experience - a relative of Mr B's has one and the previous owners were desperate to offload it - they ran it as an upmarket B and B and the costs were crippling them. (The relative did tell me not long ago that heating oil was costing him 50k euros a year.)

When will I be rich says the bells of Shoreditch.

The joys of Shoreditch...historically a shithole where the locals got drunk and then bought their doss for the night at the numerous doss houses.

Edited by crashmonitor