House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Has Anyone Bought Martin Armstrong's "real Estate Report"?

Bought the gold one. Wish I hadn't.

75% of pages of Abyssinia this, Rome that, Pope this, King that. Who gives a f?

25% of logic but still based on his code.

I signed up for Robbie Fowler's (ex-Liverpool FC) BTL masterclass and real-estate pack. Cheap at twice the price of that $400 cook-book. I'll be a millionaire by Oct 2021, I tell you. :D

Bought the gold one. Wish I hadn't.

75% of pages of Abyssinia this, Rome that, Pope this, King that. Who gives a f?

25% of logic but still based on his code.

Given that he is a convicted financial fraudster, you certainly are one of the smaller of his victims.

EDIT: Fool me once, shame on Martin, fool me twice, shame on George W.

Edited by Silverfinger

Given that he is a convicted financial fraudster, you certainly are one of the smaller of his victims.

He was jailed but convicted of nothing. Wouldn't hand over his code. Apparently. Edited by Killer Bunny

Says $650 the bottom. On verra.

Ok - not great.

[to be fair he probably would say that this isn't the breakout, and that there are new lows to come - and he might be right. The trouble with these type of predictions is that timing is everything...]

You should watch his docufilm "The Forecaster" if you have a couple of spare hours. It is quite interesting and tells the story of his conviction and subsequent release.

Says $650 the bottom. On verra.

That's about the same as Harry S Dent of "demographic analysis" fame predicted as a low for gold in an interview he gave a few years ago. And I still think he sees it going down at the start of a deflationary crisis in the first instance.

I presume he is working on a melt down scenario like 2008 in which gold did initially fall (in dollars) for about 6-8 months - if I am reading the charts correctly.

And I also presume that this was some of the big boys liquidating some or all of there holdings to raise cash. How this affected the price and availability of physical gold during that period I am clueless.

Edited by grasshopper

That's about the same as Harry S Dent of "demographic analysis" fame predicted as a low for gold in an interview he gave a few years ago. And I still think he sees it going down at the start of a deflationary crisis in the first instance.

I presume he is working on a melt down scenario like 2008 in which gold did initially fall (in dollars) for about 6-8 months - if Iam reading the charts correctly.

And I also presume that this was some of the big boys liquidating some or all of there holdings to raise cash. How this affected the price and availability of physical gold during that period I am clueless.

Indeed. This does appear to be the way deflationary crises work out...

I can only presume that the housing report says something similar.

Yet there is people like Andy Hoffman (ex wall street) who offer free articles every other day. Surely any housing predictions would have to factor in a countries demographics, culture, mortgage lending criteria etc?

Edited by Assume The Opposite

Yet there is people like Andy Hoffman (ex wall street) who offer free articles every other day. Surely any housing predictions would have to factor in a countries demographics, culture, mortgage lending criteria etc?

The thing about Martin Armstrong is that he predicts very long term changes across broad assets. So the latest housing report will be something like, peaks at Autumn 2017 and then falls reaching the floor in 2033. He's not saying there aren't opportunities, just that it becomes a 'difficult market', compared with something else which becomes the favoured market - I think he thinks this will be war related things.

This, of course, is a great place to be, as it becomes nicely ill defined ('ah - you're looking at houses in Dublin, I was thinking about property in general') and the timescales are so long ('oh, you might have lost money, but it is still following the general trend which will last until 2104').

I have a sneaky suspicion we're going to have a maaaaassive rally in gold ($1500)? Then down down down

You said it was going to $1550 3 years ago too.

It went to $1050

Do you back your calls with actual, real, money? or just sneaking suspicions......which at the end of the day is just opinion based on nothing.

I have a sneaky suspicion we're going to have a maaaaassive rally in gold ($1500)? Then down down down

Whats your gold strategy at the moment KB? I have a reasonable sized holding in gold (stocks), not sure whether to take some profit now or not. Gold stocks have almost doubled since the lows so nice little mover of late. I'd like to think there is a little bit more to eek out of this rally before we go on another downspin. I still am suspecting gold stocks to really pick up late 2017 onwards (I presume this is MA's position too given his blog).

He was jailed but convicted of nothing. Wouldn't hand over his code. Apparently.

Errh, then what is this here?

"Jailed 7 Years for Contempt, Adviser Is Headed for Prison". The New York Times. 2007-04-28.