House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Hsbc To Stay In Uk

This is terrible news.

Things must be bad in China.

Possibly, HSBC are probably smart enough to go for a limited, lawful shakedown BY UKGOV rather than an unlimited, unlawful shakedown by PLA.

Possibly, HSBC are probably smart enough to go for a limited, lawful shakedown BY UKGOV rather than an unlimited, unlawful shakedown by PLA.

It's not an unlawful shakedown in China they're worried about: it's the firing squad!

Lays to rest the myth of the claims that bankers, and their cronies, always make about us needing to be nice to them lest they flee the UK.

Proof positive these have always been empty threats and the fact is we could tighten the screws a lot more yet and the alternatives elsewhere, for both the companies and the staff, will still be a lot less desirable.

Time that our elected representatives stopped sucking up to them and being so easily scared by their whining and threats.

Edited by anonguest

If youre in a poker game and after 10 mins dont know who the patsy is, its you, Mr Osborne (or in this case UK taxpayer).

Nobody else is dumb enough to take on the bail out risk.

Lays to rest the myth of the claims that bankers, and their cronies, always make about us needing to be nice to them lest they flee the UK.

Proof positive these have always been empty threats and the fact is we could tighten the screws a lot more yet and the alternatives elsewhere, for both the companies and the staff, will still be a lot less desirable.

Time that our elected representatives stopped sucking up to them and being so easily scared by their whining and threats.

This

As the guy said on the radio, if Brexit, we can always move people over to Paris.

Funny how it's usually Switzerland the claim they're considering moving to, though? I personally have never heard any banker say Paris is a good place for banking. London is fill of eager young French bankers.

Best not to work the long con in a country were they have capital punishment.

Worse thing that happens here is dinner at the Ivy to discuss how to do the PR.

There's always someone muttering about "give us everything or we'll emigrate". Currently it's quacks getting the ear of the media. Hmmm, is there a theme? Ah, yes, two entirely different groups, whose common ground is that they get treated a lot more generously in the UK than in the places they might go to if they leave.

As the guy said on the radio, if Brexit, we can always move people over to Paris.

That wasn't HQ, it was just a big chunk of the work that relates to Europe.

Funny how it's usually Switzerland the claim they're considering moving to, though? I personally have never heard any banker say Paris is a good place for banking. London is fill of eager young French bankers.

Different stories. And, erm, Switzerland has tightened up on banks: none of them want to be there now.

Bank levy was too high once they lost their drug money laundering gig. So it gets cut. A job for George when his political career is over.

HSBC is understood to have paid about £30m to advisors to help it reach the decision to remain based in London.

How can I become an advisor

Edited by sPinwheel

How much is Gidiot paying them to stay here?

Don't you think he's handed over enough already?

FLS extended, Help to Buy Bail Banks, MMR has no mortgage term limit so the terms are just being extended until computer says yes you can afford the monthly payment, plus the others I've forgotten.

Chap I went to uni with works in a management PR role for one of the major banks. About 5 years ago he told me me they spent time and energy looking into alternative locations if they moved out of the UK and one by one were vetoed - they came to the conclusion that moving abroad was a complete non starter. He seemed to think any threats to move out the UK were bluffs.