House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Saving For a Space Ship

Bank Bail Ins' Are More Dangerous Than Isis - Max Kaiser Show Guest

Interesting thought from Maxs' latest show vid, yet hardly mentioned in the MSM

17m in

https://www.rt.com/shows/keiser-report/332362-episode-max-keiser-875/

Ellen Brown, author of Web of Debt, about bail-ins being more dangerous than ISIS, the war on cash and which nations’ financial system might hold an example for others.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

Statistically speaking, your government is always going to be far more dangerous to you than any terrorist group. They are far more likely to impoverish you and hurt you financially, and even socially, than any terrorist group.

Jesus wept ,did i hear that right Deutsche Bank COCO bonds were paying a rate of 6-7% .....talk about beware of an Icelander bearing gifts

Coco bonds are an idea that is 'too clever by half' according to this Naked Capitalism piece

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2016/02/eurobanks-the-probable-point-of-failure-as-systemic-stress-rises.html

Coco bonds are an idea that is 'too clever by half' according to this Naked Capitalism piece

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2016/02/eurobanks-the-probable-point-of-failure-as-systemic-stress-rises.html

By the looks of it they are haveing the exact opposite affect to what they were designed to have as they were designed to be a bail in security ,the IR is there to represent the risk ....6-7 % these days should scream run to the hills IMO

After listening to the video in the OP it looks like the Italian banks pushed over the first domino buy bailing in their coco bond holders late last year

Given the choice between Keiser or ISIS as a neighbour, I'd go with the nutter with the gun..._

Edited by DiggerUK

From the Naked Capitalism article

Switzerland (which is not a member of the Eurozone and hence is less constrained) was the only European country to deal frontally with the risk of its outsized banks. When it had to bail out UBS, it not only forced the bank to make an account, in public, of the specific management failures that led to the losses (a step taken nowhere else), it forced its banks to get to 19% equity levels. Period. No excuses.

UBS flailed around with trying to move its headquarters to another country, which we predicted would be a non-starter (who would have them?). UBS and Credit Suisse have skinnied down considerably, with both largely exiting investment banking and retreating to their traditional business of being a safe haven for dirty money, um, being private banks.

Reality.

Edited by billybong

I like Max but the irony of someone making this argument on a state sponsored television channel like Russia Today appears to have been lost.

So if he'd said it on the BBC would it be any more valid?

Exactly some where in the middle you will find the truth

Anyone who watches RT will know there is a bit more balance than the BBC has ever had although it`s still has a biased

When i see the BBC equivalent of cross talk i might change my mind but i will not be holding my breath

Bail ins just present the people who choose to keep large sums in banks with the reality of what they signed up for.

That's true- but suppressing reality is now the full time occupation of virtually the entire financial elite- so they do seem to have shot themselves in the foot here.

Bail-in is how we solve the problem of banking collapses. It is not the entire solution in itself, but is absolutely necessary. I don't what this idiot thinks he knows about them but it is probably not very much (by which I mean less than me).