House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Joy At Pop-Up Mortuary

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14272234.Pop_up_mortuary_hospital_says_will_help_it_keep_up_with_demand/?ref=mr&lp=13

The mobile structure can be put up in less than an hour and is made up of lightweight, durable metal bars with a cooling covering.It is then hooked up to a power supply in order to generate cold air in the enclosed space.

"We are absolutely delighted with this impressive piece of kit," added Mr Flowers.

"The mobile mortuary will allow our mortuary technician to provide the same level of dignified care we provide for our deceased patients housed in the main mortuary."

The trust also plans to make the equipment available to other hospitals to use should they face capacity issues.

Whatever the beauty of Bounemouth, the "Fountain of Youth" is not to be found there! :blink:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14272234.Pop_up_mortuary_hospital_says_will_help_it_keep_up_with_demand/?ref=mr&lp=13

The mobile structure can be put up in less than an hour and is made up of lightweight, durable metal bars with a cooling covering.

It is then hooked up to a power supply in order to generate cold air in the enclosed space.

"We are absolutely delighted with this impressive piece of kit," added Mr Flowers.

Share article

"The mobile mortuary will allow our mortuary technician to provide the same level of dignified care we provide for our deceased patients housed in the main mortuary."

The trust also plans to make the equipment available to other hospitals to use should they face capacity issues.

I suppose the locals should be glad they're not planning to use the cooler in the hospital kitchen as mortuary overflow.

At a mental hospital where I once worked a porter used the food deliver van to pick up a corpse while in his rounds. He'd been told to "work smarter". ?

Next: Pop-up crematoriums.

"To give peace of mind so that your next of kin doesn't have to face huge funeral costs. Just sign up and we'll guarantee to incinerate you within 48 hours, and you get a free Bic lighter just for enquiring."

"To give peace of mind so that your next of kin doesn't have to face huge funeral costs. Just sign up and we'll guarantee to incinerate you within 48 hours, and you get a free Bic lighter just for enquiring."

There is an alternative to huge funeral costs sort of like that e.g. http://www.simplicitacremations.co.uk/

I've instructed my offspring to do this and hire a local venue and a local lady who could lead the service.

My view is that it's pointless to have a coffin and a hearse and all the other things traditional undertakers charge for. I was at a funeral where the hearse was taken on a ten mile trip around some of the deceased's favourite places then the hearse stopped at the village pub for a whiskey toast then round the village before the final journey to the crematorium. The only beneficiary I could see was the undertaker for the extra charge. However I do realise that would have comforted that particular family.

Sod all that funeral lark. I'm an organ donor (though they may not want any or all of my badly mistreated organs) and I'm leaving my body to medical science. I love the idea of my corpse being cut up by young doctors for training purposes. If I'm still compos mentis when I contract a disease that will finish me off I might even pay a dodgy surgeon to hide a few 'easter eggs' in me for them to find! :)

Sod all that funeral lark. I'm an organ donor (though they may not want any or all of my badly mistreated organs) and I'm leaving my body to medical science. I love the idea of my corpse being cut up by young doctors for training purposes. If I'm still compos mentis when I contract a disease that will finish me off I might even pay a dodgy surgeon to hide a few 'easter eggs' in me for them to find! :)

Another option for people who don't want a traditional funeral.

There's no legal requirement to use a funeral director anyone can organise collection of a body and arrange the cremation providing they have the necessary documents.

DIY funerals..... yet another option if expense is a concern.

Another option for people who don't want a traditional funeral.

There's no legal requirement to use a funeral director anyone can organise collection of a body and arrange the cremation providing they have the necessary documents.

DIY funerals..... yet another option if expense is a concern.

Don't encourage them.........