House Price Crash Forum

2Rude2Cruise

SarahBell

HOLA441

2Rude2Cruise are apparently going to have a get together round here on Sunday.
The homewatch have sent out an email asking for info.

"Just to let you guys know , we will not be holding any meets untill we get the propper location from the council as it's causing quiet a stir. Thanks and it will not be long now untill we have our legal meets with no police presence!"

Update regarding '2rude2cruise'

Chief Supt Caroline Ball, Divisional Commander for GMPs Oldham Division said: This event has not been authorised by the Local Authority and talks to consider such an event have not taken place with the organisers.
We, along with the local authority, have spoken to one of the organisers and made it quite clear that we have not authorised this event at this time. It is totally wrong for them to suggest otherwise to the public.
We do not feel that any site in Oldham is currently suitable for hosting an event of this kind and scale and that has also been explained to them.
Public safety is our top priority and I would discourage anyone from attending an event that has none of the relevant risk assessments, stewarding and policing and licensing arrangements made.
I want to reassure the public that we will be taking enforcement action, wherever necessary, if this event proceeds on any scale.

What a hoohar!

HOLA442
HOLA443

I wish our local coppers were as proactive at stopping this sort of antisocial behaviour.

Every morning 0800-0900ish and every evening 1700-1830ish the streets are filled with a massive meeting of car fanatics. You can imagine the noise and pollution they cause even when they just sit there in line running their engines as they admire each others' fancy cars. And that's just when they're behaving. Which, of course, a lot of 'em aren't. As soon as they get a chance, they're blasting down the street at 30, 40, or more mph - expecting everyone to keep clear or get killed.

Something must be done, I tell you.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Some people spend alot of money modifying their cars and they do tend to look after them due to this reason, but when you go to any car meet you always get a few who can't resist racing around.

I use to belong to a car forum / owners club and we would have sunday daytime meets around the south and we would travel in convoy and go for a pub lunch etc

There are big meets throughout the year like festivals which are better for this, JAE japanese auto extravaganza, Dub Fest etc and RWYB run what you brung drag strip days.

I bought a full stainless steel exhaust system once for £600 i waited 8 weeks for it to ship from Japan, it was a Blitz Nur Spec R

HOLA446

LOL We have one noisy exhaust who must spend half the day razzing up and down the road. He's the PITA not people chosing to go to an empty supermarket carpark on a Sunday night.

Exactly. People using Tesco's car park late at night for whatever purpose are Tesco's problem (and maybe the extra custom at an odd hour means it's not even a problem for them). Day-to-day driving, OTOH, is everyone's problem.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

So why do 40+ year old men need to have silly stickers on their cars?

To be fair the craze for a huge number of Brits today seems to be getting silly stickers permanently on their bodies.

Having them on your car instead seems positively sensible.

HOLA4414

So why do 40+ year old men need to have silly stickers on their cars?

Land rovers seem to be the latest craze for modding. A few post-apocalyptic stickers on the back, some tread plate stuck to the bonnet and a snorkel hanging out the side. See them broken down all over the place nowadays.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

It's a shame the police don't just let these kids get on with it.

Unless complaints are made or there are public order issues it seems a shame to stop them having fun.

I think the complete grid lock they cause probably doesn't help their cause with the other road-users or the judge.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/judges-warning-to-petrolheads-over-illegal-359316

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/locals-stunned-more-2500-supercars-7248696

The vehicles included a Back to the Future-style DeLorean and a Rolls Royce Phantom as well as a host of other fast and pimped up motors met at Tesco Express on Huddersfield Road in Oldham on Sunday night for the event organised by 2Rude2Cruise.

Organiser Ray Mir said the event was due to take place outside Matalan on Alexandra Retail Park from 9pm, and that permission had been given.

HOLA4417

It's a shame the police don't just let these kids get on with it.

Unless complaints are made or there are public order issues it seems a shame to stop them having fun.

Yes, live and let live. They're mostly harmless people having a get together and a little fun. If they start doing burnouts up and down the High St then nick 'em.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

There won't be any Booze or Drugs or Violence, all the money goes into the Cars,

each car no matter how old will probably be rolling on £500 worth of premium rubber.

Vosa inspectors will have a lean night.

Aye I think so. Might have been quite a spectacle!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

That's called "sticker bombing"

You pick 1 panel and cover it in stickers.

If it's a japanese car you use JDM style stickers.

(JDM japanese domestic market)

I might replace the headlining on the Fiat with lira notes.

HOLA4422

That's called "sticker bombing"

You pick 1 panel and cover it in stickers.

If it's a japanese car you use JDM style stickers.

(JDM japanese domestic market)

I know what it is. (Other than ******ing retarded)

JDM, drifitng, and 'stance'...just a load of scenesters.

HOLA4423

Why doesn't this sort of thing happen down here? It would be a day out. All we have is agricultural machinery, and church bells. :blink:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived