HOLA441
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

So what do we have...

Editor of recombu and former host of a gadget show on Sky

German motoring show host who has appeared several times on TG (and managed to drive a transit van around Nurburgring in just over 10min)

Petrol head and fastest ever star in a reasonably priced car

Chris Evans

British motoring vlogger

Former F1 team boss

The Stig

Some of the responses I've seen to this announcement made me think of this meme

e98d1aa135e1b11062a3063c86685cf5.jpg

Meanwhile I'll do the grown-up thing and watch the show to see if they are any good...

Indeed, why all the hate for something that's hasn't even aired yet.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA448

Hmmm, what a nice man Chris Evans is:

CHRIS Evans’ dictatorial behaviour on Top Gear was the reason executive producer Lisa Clark quit, sources claim.

The host, 49, is accused of being a “control freak who thinks he can trample over everyone”, with workers fed up with his ranting.

And the smiles between him and Matt LeBlanc may be a wee bit strained.

Another flashpoint came when she hired ex-Friends actor Matt LeBlanc as co-host against Evans’ wishes.

The source said: “It was Lisa who suggested Matt, but Evans’ reply was, ‘He’s old hat, what do we want him for?’.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/6960555/Claims-behaviour-of-Chris-Evans-drove-away-exec-producer-Lisa-Clark.html

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Hmmm, what a nice man Chris Evans is:

And the smiles between him and Matt LeBlanc may be a wee bit strained.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/6960555/Claims-behaviour-of-Chris-Evans-drove-away-exec-producer-Lisa-Clark.html

wouldn't be surprised if Le Blanc bails after one series, he hardly needs the money, so I don't really know why he would spend months in Britain to put up with loads of grief.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Not going terribly well so far...

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/new-series-of-top-gear-has-been-delayed/ar-BBqbL5u?ocid=spartanntp

The new series of Top Gear has reportedly been pushed back by two weeks – meaning it will miss its May 8 premiere.

The show, headed up by Chris Evans, will now air instead on May 22 according to Radio Times. As well as airing slightly later than originally intended, it will also feature two fewer episodes than planned.
Reports say that the delay has been caused by "a number of factors", including Evans' lack of skill at presenting while driving at high speed, along with his filming schedule for TFI Friday. His car sickness incident has also reportedly been a problem.
Executive producer Lisa Clark's decision to leave the show after just five months also created a much bigger problem for the show, as did the large presenting line-up.
With six of the eight originally planned shows going to air, the Top Gear team will have to catch up later on in the year. Evans' contract includes a deal to make 16 episodes per year, meaning that he and the rest of the team will be hard-pressed to make up the rest of the shows.
The pressure is on for BBC bosses, who are reported to be worried about Top Gear running into the summer, therefore clashing with the Rio Olympics and the European Football Championship.
Another problem comes in the form of Jeremy Clarkson's new show, which launches on video streaming site Amazon Prime. Officials at the BBC are doing their upmost to avoid clashing with the programme – featuring co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond – when it goes online in autumn.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Matt La Blanc signed that 32 million buck US TV series deal a few days after the TG announcement - worked out very well for him I think. Brilliant bit of TV chess.

Nothing like making people think that a rival TV company is going to tie you up to clarify the thinking of TV executives. I doff my metaphorical cap to him.

I like him as an actor. Think that he is very good.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Nope, just happened to be near the Cenotaph when mucking about in a car. I don't see how they're "disrespecting the war dead" or whatever.

Outrage and taking offence rules OK.

Even if they had a done a piece blasting past it at full speed - I still don't get the problem. Many of the war dead were closely linked to heavy machinery and large loud engines. If such things as ghosts do exist - and like to hang around the Cenotaph - I imagine most would have rather enjoyed it.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived