House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Always Check You've Hung Up The Phone

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/11/mother-shocked-after-council-makes-sex-joke-on-her-voicemail-5675350/?ito=facebook

The male and female from South Ribble Council were then heard laughing and joking in a two-minute voicemail, saying that Jayne must be sleeping with her landlord to get free rent.

Jayne had approached the Lancashire-based council before the call because she needed to adapt her house for her severely disabled daughter Alesha, seven.

So "her" house but she doesn't own it or pay rent?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/11/mother-shocked-after-council-makes-sex-joke-on-her-voicemail-5675350/?ito=facebook

The male and female from South Ribble Council were then heard laughing and joking in a two-minute voicemail, saying that Jayne must be sleeping with her landlord to get free rent.

Jayne had approached the Lancashire-based council before the call because she needed to adapt her house for her severely disabled daughter Alesha, seven.

So "her" house but she doesn't own it or pay rent?

That's interesting. There is a guy I work with sometimes (just to point out I don't work much) and whenever a teleconference is over he lifts the receiver, clicks the button a few times to get a dial tone then puts the receiver down. "can never be too careful in business" he told me.

That's interesting. There is a guy I work with sometimes (just to point out I don't work much) and whenever a teleconference is over he lifts the receiver, clicks the button a few times to get a dial tone then puts the receiver down. "can never be too careful in business" he told me.

I also do this, every time I get off the phone as well as conf calls. Not that I have a tendency to say inappropriate things after making calls, just a form of OCD I suppose.

Several people over the years have left hour long voicemails where the phones gone off in their pocket, so I know how easily these things happen.

The conference call system we use with our, should I say rather difficult, clients doesn't do that announcement thing at the start. It does a little bleep to tell you somebody joined, but not who.

We have a weekly conference call between 4 parties and as it's a set time the bleeps sort of all go at the same sort of time. Often the difficult client has joined without us knowing. You have to be very careful what you say.

A few times we have sailed close to the wind and then they have announced they are on the call.