House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Property Bee

Where's the best place for a ongoing thread re use of/issues with property bee? Would be handy I think...

Anyway, I have suddenly found that properties don'y show up in my PB sidebar .... e.g. a page of 50 results on RM, but only 2 or 3 show up in the side panel .... any ideas? I have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and PB.

I stopped using PB a couple of years ago because it was dysfunctional more often than functional (no complaints to Beerhunter, it was just due to the amount of RM updates).

I take it you guys are aware of Digsby's Chrome extension? It is functionally much lighter than PB and doesn't show any change history, but used in combination with the Chrome Rightmove extension you can get the price change history, plus previous selling prices and estimated current value based on the LR data for that region.

Worth mentioning for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I stopped using PB a couple of years ago because it was dysfunctional more often than functional (no complaints to Beerhunter, it was just due to the amount of RM updates).

I take it you guys are aware of Digsby's Chrome extension? It is functionally much lighter than PB and doesn't show any change history, but used in combination with the Chrome Rightmove extension you can get the price change history, plus previous selling prices and estimated current value based on the LR data for that region.

Worth mentioning for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Chrome sounds good to me .... what is the name of digsby's extension? I can't find the rightmove one either .... grrr...

Oh yes, sorry - look for "Appraised!" and "Property Tracker".

Depending on your needs, you might find they come up short in comparison to PB, but they are well worth a look, and seem to be pretty robust and unobtrusive.

Beerhunter made a bit of a booboo by selling it to that nethouseprices company. He should have changed the license to allow anyone to contribute, i.e. true open source and then a community could have kept up the development. I did mention this to him at the time. Nethouseprices don't seem to be that interested in updating the plugin which is such a shame, probably because they can't monetise it.

As for the Chrome extension, it's shit compared to PB, and I try not to use Chrome anyway.