House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snafu

Pilates - Am I Alone

Anyone else doing pilates? I was prescribed it from my physio. A life in and outside of work sitting down coupled with a leg length discrepancy of 1cm had caused a plethora of back and core issues . been doing pilates for 1 month and starting to feel results. Stronger abs. Better stability . better posture but that's a combination of pilates and dry needling the absolute sh#t out of my back and trapz.

Anyone else got into it and continued? I might sign up for another block as its way better for overall "health" than any type of weight lifting I've done over the years.

Starting next week - done yoga before and this was recommended.

It is so that women can be more flexible for sex. Have a look at all the positions and they are the sexual positions that women take when they are being fecked.

Do yoga instead IMPO. At best you will only have to do a few positions bent over a table with your ar*e in the air.

:lol:

I has my initial chat with the pilates burd last week - spelled it out as yoga is mainly stretching with some strength work - pilates is the opposite. That makes sense from my experience.

The place I am starting at does both - and once you buy a batch of lessons you can pick and choose when to go - they don't run out or have to be done in order. Think I will just alternate between the two.

I'm starting "gentle" Pilates in Wednesday for core strength and nerve issues. Not about sex as I'm already great at that, CCC!

Ah, but it was TMT that spoke about it being good for sex for women. So why are you telling ccc that you're good at sex Bossybabe?

Could this be the second HPC wedding in waiting? The first being Skinty / anorthosite.

Who will marry me Frank, even if I do this "pirates" thing? I didn't know this was a dating site. :blink: I'm not interested in women any more. They have gone off like VCR machines.

Who will marry me Frank, even if I do this "pirates" thing? I didn't know this was a dating site. :blink: I'm not interested in women any more. They have gone off like VCR machines.

Pilates isn't about marriage Mr Pin, it's about perving at fit birds' Lycra clad arses. Get yourself down there sharpish.

Pilates isn't about marriage Mr Pin, it's about perving at fit birds' Lycra clad arses. Get yourself down there sharpish.

I have special black glasses for that. Nobody can see you looking.

I'm starting "gentle" Pilates in Wednesday for core strength and nerve issues. Not about sex as I'm already great at that, CCC!

I'm glad the gentiles can join in too! :(

I has my initial chat with the pilates burd last week - spelled it out as yoga is mainly stretching with some strength work - pilates is the opposite. That makes sense from my experience.

The place I am starting at does both - and once you buy a batch of lessons you can pick and choose when to go - they don't run out or have to be done in order. Think I will just alternate between the two.

Indeed. I'd say pilates is exercising muscles you typically don't exercise - glutes, abs, overall balance, quads, abductors in leg and back (and back of shoulders)./I'm a proper newbie so I've not done all exercises at all.for me it seems to work. Some of the exercises hurt like hell but you would never have guessed it. They shouldn't hurt ofc and I now stop when they do but it's basically rehab for me. I think we do maybe two stretching exercises out of 10-15 per session. Bridging properly, clamming your legs while laying on the side are my weakest ones. All due to really week glutes.

Me, two blokes who've had surgery and three female 60-70 year olds. I'd rather they don't wear Lycra ! And I'm one of the weakest!!

It is so that women can be more flexible for sex. Have a look at all the positions and they are the sexual positions that women take when they are being fecked.

Do yoga instead IMPO. At best you will only have to do a few positions bent over a table with your ar*e in the air.

:lol:

Eerrrrrrr....

Me, two blokes who've had surgery and three female 60-70 year olds. I'd rather they don't wear Lycra ! And I'm one of the weakest!!

Another illusion shattered :mellow:

I was thinking it was exactly like this:

I like bendy athletic ladies in naughty socks! :blink: My eyes have opened.

You know how Hollywood celebrities have 'lavender marriages', to hide the fact they're in reality gay, what about entering into a Lynx Java civil partnership?

You know how Hollywood celebrities have 'lavender marriages', to hide the fact they're in reality gay, what about entering into a Lynx Java civil partnership?

If Bossybabe is into basques, spanking, and table tennis then I'm not looking for anyone else!

This is interesting - my core strength is lacking, and I also have one leg shorter than the other!

Since I'm a tall fella I have a tendency to slump over a little bit, posture wise, and I want to fix that. I have a slight anterior pelvic tilt as well.

For some reason I thought Pilates wasn't suitable for beginners. Must check it out.

I had serious back problems in 2012 (month in bed, no driving for 3 months).

Pilates was suggested by the physio, the results were quick and effective and have kept it at bay since. I do it twice a week, I was attending a local class (youngest there at 51 by a long way) but now I just do it at home.

Im teetering on he Pilates route.

I have niggling back issues that I need toresolve.

Yoga I have mental images of a load of lentil munching, farting 60 YO women.

Pilates I have mentally put in the yummy mummy group.

What do you actually do in pilates?

This is interesting - my core strength is lacking, and I also have one leg shorter than the other!

Since I'm a tall fella I have a tendency to slump over a little bit, posture wise, and I want to fix that. I have a slight anterior pelvic tilt as well.

For some reason I thought Pilates wasn't suitable for beginners. Must check it out.

I got an insert for my shorter leg which has transformed not only feeling "levelled" at the shoulders but also fire I walk. Little did I know that pronating eg arches falling in on your feet (which you typically get when you have one leg shorter than the other) means you don't toe off properly OR use your glutes properly when walking. So shorter leg lead s to weaker glutes, leads to weak pelvis, leads to bad posture and forward rotaded shoulders. This is for me anyway, I'm sure everyone if different. You sound like a prime candidate for a podiatrist visit to get inserts. Then pilates for the rest. Can highly recommend pilates for anyone who sits down an awful lot.

Im teetering on he Pilates route.

I have niggling back issues that I need toresolve.

Yoga I have mental images of a load of lentil munching, farting 60 YO women.

Pilates I have mentally put in the yummy mummy group.

What do you actually do in pilates?

it's basically sorting out muscles that you never really use. Glutes and "side glutes" through various exes (exercises I cba writing it out) like bridge and clamming of legs. Also various standing up exes on balance and kind of one legged very short squats. Also back of shoulders type exes (muscles and flexibility). Getting your back and spine "muscled up" and working with your muscles correctly kind of? Moor exes lying didn't too which are geated towards overall core and abs. My abs are so weak, also glutes. I'm 95 kg and "stacked" but weak as hell in so many areas which if why the oaps beat me by a mile.