House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Linkedin Stock Crashing Today

Just as I signed up for it! My profile is sh!t and I never found a job from it. All I get is "spam" from agencies with no clients!

Maybe this will go like "Friends Reunited"? :blink:

Guest eight

Just as I signed up for it! My profile is sh!t and I never found a job from it. All I get is "spam" from agencies with no clients!

Strangely enough I got spam from them today and I'm not even a member.

So it's your fault.

Again.

I'm sure it's good for a lot of people. But personally, as an IT person, it's totally crap.

I've found it to be crap!

So it's your fault.

Again.

Yes, when something goes bad in the world, it's usually "God's worst angel" gettting it wrong again. :blink:

I do have an account, and am getting more active with it as I'll soon be looking for a new job.

The thing is though, I can't think of many / any circumstances in which I would want to may for their services (which are really expensive)

I do have an account, and am getting more active with it as I'll soon be looking for a new job.

The thing is though, I can't think of many / any circumstances in which I would want to may for their services (which are really expensive)

Recruiters pay for it - it's a great spamming marketing tool for them.

Strangely enough I got spam from them today and I'm not even a member.

Me too. I got some spurious request to get involved with someone I had never heard of. Vile website.

Been a member since the beginning. Think it's good for the kind of person who's constantly 'networking' to get to know the right people and jump from one job to another every 3 years or so.

Fortunately I have 'settled down' job-wise, and am not seeking any further promotions!

Used to get loads of emails a year or two ago from baby-faced recruitment agents, who were obviously just emailing everyone in the city who worked in IT.

I find it useful as a self-updating address book, other than that I've not found it much use. As others say, it's basically a spam generation tool for recruiters.

There are more recruiters than jobs. I've found LinkedIn to be useless for job hunting. Some have had success with it! I guess I'm not good at advertising myself. :(

I've been "endorsed" by people I don't know for expertise I don't have. It's a "porkie pie portal". How much value is that?

1.png

Large volume on the drop - might it be a big seller dumping?

It is also a sign of many, many, job losses in 2016, as Linkedin could be used a bell weather for the jobs market. Batten down the hatches.

Been a member since the beginning. Think it's good for the kind of person who's constantly 'networking' to get to know the right people and jump from one job to another every 3 years or so.

Fortunately I have 'settled down' job-wise, and am not seeking any further promotions!

Used to get loads of emails a year or two ago from baby-faced recruitment agents, who were obviously just emailing everyone in the city who worked in IT.

networking?...surely its more a info gathering on who you want to suck up to?...a foundation for corporate corruption.

networking?...surely its more a info gathering on who you want to suck up to?

Yep, that's what I define as 'networking' too, which is why I don't do it :D

"networking" - using whatsup to link with colleagues so you are actually showing that you also are working for the company in your free time.

7eb03f819177a39adbf2296f960f6d7d8b0fda53

It's the dot com gamble again. These companies produce nothing but adverts. If you made money, you got in early. Also these places are always advertised as "cool places to work". I bugger off early on a Friday, and don't have to think of work until Monday. And the company "makes stuff". I reckon that's cool! :blink: