House Price Crash Forum

Mrpin Needs Another Motorcycle

MrPin

HOLA441

I feel I want to feel the flies on my face, and the hot oil down my leg again! And what's left of my hair stuck in a helmet.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Me too...

Still waiting for the price of a new Suzuki SV650.

Should be available in the spring.

Would you be safe on it? You do post here. :wacko::D

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I'm selling my Virago 535. Only around 6200 miles on the clock. Any offers?

That's a ladies' bike, and you should keep it, not that they are bad BTW, but I won't fit on! Your location is wrong. Wind that bike up a bit, and you will fall into the sea! Whereas I can go to Swindon without getting on a boat!

HOLA448

CD, more the side effects of the drugs they gave me...I decided to stick to cars. I get too physically tired - muscles etc - to sustain any motorcycle trips. And I decided discretion was the better part of valour. Better a car than dead or injured Bossybabe - I have enough problems!!

Mr Pin, that's what the ferry is for & it's very cheap for bikes..,

HOLA449

CD, more the side effects of the drugs they gave me...I decided to stick to cars. I get too physically tired - muscles etc - to sustain any motorcycle trips. And I decided discretion was the better part of valour. Better a car than dead or injured Bossybabe - I have enough problems!!

Mr Pin, that's what the ferry is for & it's very cheap for bikes..,

I do wonder about that myself. a lot of friends have "motorcycles in the garage" that never go anywhere! Maybe I should join the "armchair bikers"! :(

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Just bury your head in a oil worker's crotch.

Drilling platforms can be very touchy feely places. I reckon anyone in a flame proof boiler suit, might be a bit camp! :blink:

HOLA4415

What's your style Pin - retro vs modern, laid-back vs upright...?

[to put it into context - the only bike I've got at the moment is my first bike, an old gsxr400, but frankly it isn't a bike I find comfortable any-more (but I'm happy in denial). What I'm after next is something like an old Guzzi - I probably fancy myself as Clint Eastwood riding around in shades, even though the reality is more like if Donald Pleasence got Steve McQueen's role in the Great Escape...]

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I would so love a Honda Africa Twin and a Triumph Bonneville side by side in my garage. I wouldn't need to ride them; just seeing them daily would be sufficient.

You would make an excellent armchair biker Frank. I already have one motorcycle I don't use. :blink: Just need a few more. :mellow:. Actually Frank you are a "virtual armchair biker" so outrank me in the scheme of things.

I was thinking of a bigger Harley Davidson. Something Terminator 2 like.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Mr Pin.....

How much do you intend spending on a Harley Davidson ?

An obscene amount! I've just found another motorcycle which will empty my wallet even quicker. Oh dear!

In answer to your question £10k buys a maybe ten year old big Harley with next to nothing miles on it! They are solid as the White Cliffs, and I know their insides should I have a problem.

HOLA4422

I would so love a Honda Africa Twin

Treat yourself to a new one

(There's too many old ones kept as 'garage' queens now ;) - Including mine, after two rebuilds, 50,000 miles, 10 countries, 4 races, and too many commutes to count)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

So lets get this straight....

You intend spending 10k on a 10 ten year old HD whereas I`ll buy a brand new Suzuki for possibly £5,200 ?

Okay......I understand, it`s worth the extra money in order to lean back.

You will not understand just yet Mr Dweller. Basically these things are built for long distances and people don't go anywhere on them. A ten year old one will be like new!

Archived