House Price Crash Forum
campervanman

What Sort Of Person Wants To Leave The Eu?

Even Question Time last night was on the side of Brexit last night couldn't believe it seeing that the independent BBC :) gets funding from the EU,

I'm torn, but there are eminently sensible arguments to leave, not least being that the eu does not work the way it was supposed to.

A lot judging by the latest you.gov poll

I know people who want to stay in,

some seem to be uninterested and follow the fear mongering like sheep,

have a vested interest in that some way their job/way of life might get lost

and/or are just plain stupid

Edited by robo1968

When I see statements on hpc that say "nobody I know would vote to stay" it does give an indication of what sort of person I am probably reading. There must of course be highly educated young people who would vote out, it just seems that most wouldn't. Maybe this is a reflection of who posts on hpc?

I am still waiting for the arguments for and against before I decide - I'll leave the preamble and scaremongering to those who are easily shaken off the fence.

When I see statements on hpc that say "nobody I know would vote to stay" it does give an indication of what sort of person I am probably reading. There must of course be highly educated young people who would vote out, it just seems that most wouldn't. Maybe this is a reflection of who posts on hpc?

who wrote that?

So everybody who disagrees with you is stupid?

You're a real classy guy.

They lost me when they approved the bank bailouts despite them being in direct contravention of the treaty of Rome and illegal under EU law.

So what's your actual argument for staying in? You need something better than it's what the cool kids are going to vote for :)

Edited by SpectrumFX

They lost me when they approved the bank bailouts despite them being in direct contravention of the treaty of Rome and illegal under EU law.

So what's your actual argument for staying in? You need something better than its what the cool kids are going to vote for :)

I started writing something similar but then remembered I had a life and job to do today

Good luck with that, see how many times NHS and roaming charges gets mentioned

It doesn't look as if that Telegraph article has a reader's poll. That's a shame as apparently a recent Express article had about 90% voting to leave - admittedly that was an article about the scandal of all the assaults being covered up for decades throughout mainland eu and of course most recently the events in Germany.

Apart from that the sort of person who has realised that the eu isn't turning out anything like the brochure "promised" (and turning out differently not in a nice way) would want to leave. Then from the recent "negotiations" it's clear that there has been a massive shift in sovereignty away from the UK.

That and the way the economic collapse has been generally handled with bail ins etc etc - and over the years the UK's relative standard of living has declined during entry..

Edited by billybong

Guest eight

Some people just want to see the world burn.

I was going to say something similar. Seeing what the fallout is from such a major political and cultural shift would be reason enough, for me. Plus new opportunities always arise from a bit of creative destruction.

dont-feed-the-troll-268x300.jpg

Just ignore Campervanman. Life is too short.

Edited by DeepLurker

I'm torn, but there are eminently sensible arguments to leave, not least being that the eu does not work the way it was supposed to.

True.

Neither does Parliament. Can we leave that too?

Bank bailouts, the handling of Greece which seemed to me to be a serious nail in the coffin of democracy, the installing of technocrats and the Cyprus bail-ins - the EU does not work for me and I will be voting to leave. A poorly organised infrastructure that was doomed to failure before it started due to disparate economies without fiscal transfer. I would prefer to jump rather than be pushed when it finally comes crashing down of its own accord, at least that way the UK can try to engineer a soft landing.

Im a bit fed up of it now. Think we should leave. When middle income professional city jobs are feeling wage deflation due to educated spanish/italian/eastern european grads etc....thats it, im out. Its not just low income or trade jobs at risk.

Edited by 999house

So what's your actual argument for staying in? You need something better than it's what the cool kids are going to vote for :)

+1

Surely the people who want to leave, are those who remember the doom mongers talking about how awful it would be if we did not join the Euro.

True.

Neither does Parliament. Can we leave that too?

You can vote for parties that want to change the way Parliament works (UKIP,Lib Dems, Greens etc) no one wants the EU to change as they all supported the EU constitution rather than saying, lets change x or y first.

The only personal reason to stay in the EU for me is it gives more options for an easier escape plan.

Otherwise I'd happily decentralise down to the level of an individual. I have no time for anyone telling me what I can and can't do, and there's pretty much nothing that I cannot cope with or sort out myself.

So I'm torn. On one hand I've *never* believed in borders at all - I should be free to roam as the urge takes me, and I'd be hypocritical to not apply the same rights to anyone else. On the other hand, ridiculous large scale centralised laws, control and banking are terrifying and increasingly destroy those freedoms and put obstacles in the way of anyone trying to live as an individual.

Also I don't think it matters because society is so full of apathy and avarice regardless. It's equally likely to go to wrong either way.

The only personal reason to stay in the EU for me is it gives more options for an easier escape plan.

Otherwise I'd happily decentralise down to the level of an individual. I have no time for anyone telling me what I can and can't do, and there's pretty much nothing that I cannot cope with or sort out myself.

So I'm torn. On one hand I've *never* believed in borders at all - I should be free to roam as the urge takes me, and I'd be hypocritical to not apply the same rights to anyone else. On the other hand, ridiculous large scale centralised laws, control and banking are terrifying and increasingly destroy those freedoms and put obstacles in the way of anyone trying to live as an individual.

Also I don't think it matters because society is so full of apathy and avarice regardless. It's equally likely to go to wrong either way.

It all depends upon what it is that you wish to escape from. What's the point in running from the UK to another European country, if the policy and political ideology that led you to leave the UK is also dominant in that country?

You can only escape something if you can go somewhere that's different. One of the main objectives of the EU is that it all ends up the same.

Guest eight

You can only escape something if you can go somewhere that's different. One of the main objectives of the EU is that it all ends up the same.

I doubt even the EU would propose to attempt weather arbitrage, but you never know.