House Price Crash Forum
cool_hand

Americans Are Angry – Why Are We Not Angy?

If americans are angry now, we will be told to be angry by GMTV in about two months because americans are angry. Then be angry.

Usually how it works

Edited by 999house

... and just what are they going to do about it?

My guess is that most people will go on working and handing over their taxes to be thrown away on foreign wars and government overspending (i.e. overpaying businesses run by 'friends' of politicians to do government contracts).

It's a simple con - encourage people to identify with Team A (left leaning) or Team B (right leaning).

Present them with a left leaning and right leaning choice, both in thrall to the establishment and vested interests.

Have a massive dog and pony show (election).

The people will generally vote for their 'team'. Bribe those in the middle just enough to choose one or the other giving the illusion of difference between the two sides and that your vote could make that difference.

Whoever is elected, Implement policies to benefit the establishment by transferring wealth from the general public and tell any disaffected members of the public that they "live in a democracy, get over it".

Rinse and repeat.

It's a much harsher society in terms of what happens when you lose your job

That's because if you lose, you are a dumb schmuck and deserve it. America is a free market capitalist economy!

Unless you are in Wall Street or are a friend of someone powerful - in which case, how much taxpayer money do you want, sir?

Mervo 'the Clown' King (aka Lord King of Lothbury) has just been appointed to the board at Aston Villa Football Club.

The intellectual fraud and decorated failure has bold ambitions for the club currently lying bottom of the Premiership.

"I helped demote the UK to the third division and if I'm given the chance I'll do the same here," he declared brazenly.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mervyn-king-aston-villas-new-10836712

My guess is that most people will go on working and handing over their taxes to be thrown away on foreign wars and government overspending (i.e. overpaying businesses run by 'friends' of politicians to do government contracts).

It's a simple con - encourage people to identify with Team A (left leaning) or Team B (right leaning).

Present them with a left leaning and right leaning choice, both in thrall to the establishment and vested interests.

The people will generally vote for their 'team'. Bribe those in the middle just enough to choose one or the other giving the illusion of difference between the two sides and that your vote could make that difference.

Whoever is elected, Implement policies to benefit the establishment by transferring wealth from the general public and tell any disaffected members of the public that they "live in a democracy, get over it".

Rinse and repeat.

Plus a 100

Any display of public anger is designated as having been radicalised or trying to radicalise others.

They have (games) teachers trained to spot radicalised students. So hard working, quiet and polite students are already under suspicion because they are the isolated individuals who shun their classmates when they are gleefully kicking the s**t out of each other.

New director Mervyn King has pledged to help restore Aston Villa to "its position as one of the top clubs in the world".

That sort of promise uses a well worn formula often used by bankrupts.

Osborne used it before the last general election in promising that before long the UK would be the richest country in the world - if you voted for them.

Aston Villa can't print money - in a few years time Aston Villa will be lucky if they're not bankrupt - like the UK.

Edited by billybong

Any display of public anger is designated as having been radicalised or trying to radicalise others.

It was a neat trick to divert attention away from the real problem which is a country increasingly run by the elite, for the elite.

If you substitute "bug" for "muslim" it's not far off this:

Just watch the likes of Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly or in fact pretty much anyone on Fox

I believe, from my limited worldly experience (lived in Eurozone and US) that most other countries discuss political and economic shennanigans more openly as matter of social discourse....except the UK, where lethargy or ignorance predominantly prevails into denial, usually in from on the goggle box, x-box or pub....box?

Many other nations seems (with a wide level of insight across social class) to have inherent interest or insight in the underlying political carnage which farms their citizens....we have x-factor.

I believe, from my limited worldly experience (lived in Eurozone and US) that most other countries discuss political and economic shennanigans more openly as matter of social discourse....except the UK, where lethargy or ignorance predominantly prevails into denial, usually in from on the goggle box, x-box or pub....box?

Many other nations seems (with a wide level of insight across social class) to have inherent interest or insight in the underlying political carnage which farms their citizens....we have x-factor.

I wish I could remember who said it, but whoever it was said something along the lines of "the British temperament is ideally suited to communism".

I don't totally agree but they do have a point, probably more so now that 30 or 50 years ago.

I wish I could remember who said it, but whoever it was said something along the lines of "the British temperament is ideally suited to communism".

I don't totally agree but they do have a point, probably more so now that 30 or 50 years ago.

Perhaps not surprising. 30 years ago people were thinking of living somewhere like this...

_79884705_goodlife2.jpg

Nowadays, something like this...

CB1-Ceres_071-1400x1078.jpg

(by cambridge railway station. 500k ish prices)

Looks like stalinist russia to me, but what do I know.

That's because if you lose, you are a dumb schmuck and deserve it. America is a free market capitalist economy!

Unless you are in Wall Street or are a friend of someone powerful - in which case, how much taxpayer money do you want, sir?

I know you're half joking, but people here really do seem to think they have free market capitalism but in many ways it's worse than the UK in that regard. Take broadband for example. The UK introduced legislation to encourage competition in that sector and it's now dirt cheap and good speeds in the main. In the US it's still highly monopolised. Companies lobby the government to keep their monopoly. And the government representative for communications is an ex Comcast boss for gods sake. As a result, broadband costs a lot and you get much worse speed for similar money, unless you luckily live in an area with a tiny amount of competition.

I moved to Miami from London a couple of years ago.

Rinse and repeat.

“It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see..."

"You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?"

"No," said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, "nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."

"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."

"I did," said Ford. "It is."

"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't people get rid of the lizards?"

"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."

"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"

"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."

"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"

"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?"

So you don't think Americans have their own brain-numbing versions of X Factor etc.?

My sister who has lived in the US for over 30 years would not agree with you.