House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crashmonitor

Stelios Launches The Everything 25 Pence Food Store

Deflation bring it on. Tesco meanwhile decided that for non contracted farmers they can take 16p a litre for milk (production cost 30p) as the supermarket wars hot up and share prices collapse with investors losing billions to make your weekly shop diddly squat and the lowest per capita spend on food in the world compared to income and probably the history of man kind.

I sincerely hope nobody is moaning about the cost of food out there, I know it's a Brit favourite pastime.

Edited by crashmonitor

This is a good thing, it puts some value back into money. It seems to me that things that people generally buy using credit are rising, whilst everyday things usually bought with cash are coming down. It is at the point now where houses, land, cars, sofas etc. seem ridiculously high, and potatoes, eggs, milk, fruit etc. seem far too low. The government seems to want the everyday things to go up more, but the opposite seems to be happening. I think that once the credit dries up, the things bought with it will collapse in price to the same real world that everyday things are in. Bring it on.

We already have a 25p* shop around here

https://www.facebook.com/Bargain-Brand-Food-Outlet-highbridge-1418760385043200/?fref=ts

25p is the default price, but some items are 25p BOGOF, 50p and even £1. A box of crisps sets you back £3 and by the way most items are out of date.