House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Inside Out - A Party Political Broadcast On Behalf Of Your Landlord.

HOLA441
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

It appears to have been orchestrated via Property 118. One of the posters claimed that the presenter was their sister-in-law, although they later changed their post from this:

My sister in law Rachel Royce works as Tv news journalist for BBC south east and has been given the go ahead by her boss to do a story on how the tax changes are affecting landlords and tenants in the area her program will be aired ie Kent and East Sussex . . Are you in the right area ?

We need a good sob story about how tenants will be affected by these changes – sadly no one gives a stuff about how landlords are going to make less money, but they care much more about tenants being kicked out and especially if its because the landlord is going bust because of clause 24 even better .

Filming is starting next week If we could find vulnerable LHA tenants who will be in B and B because of this , that is the kind of story we are ideally looking for . We are trying to position this as decent landlords having no choice but to evict long term / vulnerable tenants or face bankruptcy .

To this:

A BBC Tv news journalist for BBC south east has been given the go ahead by her boss to do a story on how the tax changes are affecting landlords and tenants in the area her program will be aired ie Kent and East Sussex . . Are you in the right area ?

We need a good sob story about how tenants will be affected by these changes – sadly no one gives a stuff about how landlords are going to make less money, but they care much more about tenants being kicked out and especially if its because the landlord is going bust because of clause 24 even better .

Filming is starting next week If we could find vulnerable LHA tenants who will be in B and B because of this , that is the kind of story we are ideally looking for . We are trying to position this as decent landlords having no choice but to evict long term / vulnerable tenants or face bankruptcy

(h/t Bruce Banner)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

It is strange how, in just about every other respect the BBC are undoubtedly left-wing... apart from when it comes to HPI/BTL where they're just as happy clapping and moronically vociferous as all the rest of the corporate msm.

I agree.

I consider the BBC to be a left wing organisation but I find it conflicting how they are fans of the Royal Family & HPI

HOLA449

It appears to have been orchestrated via Property 118. One of the posters claimed that the presenter was their sister-in-law, although they later changed their post from this:

To this:

(h/t Bruce Banner)

They're not acting impartially if that is indeed the case. Definitely worth making a complaint to the BBC anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidelines/impartiality

Edited by spacedin

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

It is strange how, in just about every other respect the BBC are undoubtedly left-wing... apart from when it comes to HPI/BTL where they're just as happy clapping and moronically vociferous as all the rest of the corporate msm.

Yes this conflict of bandwagons irks me as well. Not surprised that Homes under the Hammer has been going on for so long after it jumped the shark.

In the same vein as the 'BBC pro rentier' viewpoint, Steph McGovern - the Business reporter on BBC Breakfast - fawning whenever she interviews the business big nobs. Just like the anchors do when they interview some actor from that there Hollywood needs to do some serious plugging for their average film.

HOLA4412

I don't suppose anyone has a screengrab of the original? I'm just sharpening my complaining pencils.

I would argue that violates their impartiality charter if that is indeed the case. Definitely worth making a complaint to the BBC anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidelines/impartiality

The lack of a screengrab might be an issue there (unless someone does have one?) although the edited post still refers to a female BBC South East jourmalist so that might be enough.

HOLA4413

They're quite disturbingly right wing though when it comes to their support for the Monarchy which really entrenches privilege and our class based system in the UK.

+ I'll never forget how little coverage they gave the Green Party in the run up to the general election. There is also a definite bias on that Daily Politics show against left wing ideals. To be honest though the whole media machine is against this as the coverage they've given Jeremy Corbyn shows.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Screen grab or not, the journalist should be named in the complaint. She has already been named as the sister in law of a p118 poster so that should be enough.

If Rachel Royce is going to be a puppet of a lobby group and pass it off as independent news, then she'll have to live with the consequences.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Also in the P118 thread:

"Ros . says:

Read about me on my member profile

05/12/2015 at 16:43

Reply to the comment left by Charmaine ****** at 05/12/2015 14:28:

Hi Charmaine. I think a problem we have is that there are a lot of portfolio landlords on this website. If you want the email addresses Alan Ward at the RLA and Richard Lambert at the NLA, let me know and I can give them to you. They could then be asked if they would be willing to send something out to their members they are bound to have some who could fit the criteria."

And by complete coincidence, guess who turned up to give the landlords' opinion?

We have Rachel Royce named in earlier, contemporaneous posts, so she is easily identifiable as being the one that Charmaine referred to.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Watching it now on iPlayer.

The reporter, Rachel Royce, who was definitely named as the sister in law of a 118 poster before the post was edited (I copied and pasted the original from a Google screen grab when I noticed the edit), seems to be presenting a very biased view. I would think that a well researched complaint should stand a good chance of success.

I wonder what percentage of BBC journalists and editorial staff are into BTL.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

It looks like Charmaine also goes by the name Royce:

"Kent based Landlord and Property118 campaigner Charmaine Royce participated in a superb BBC Radio Interview this morning, a recording of which can be played below.

Landlord Tax - BBC Radio Interview

The interviewer began by asking about the new stamp duty levy on BTL and second homes but Charmaine very skilfully directed the conversation towards restrictions on finance cost relief for individual landlords, the inequity of section 24 of the Finance Bill and most importantly how it will impact tenants."

http://www.property118.com/landlord-tax-bbc-radio-interview-2/84031/

This does make the connection even easier to prove.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

We all know you can complain to who you need to complain to, you can shout,scream and kick and it will feel like you are getting nowhere, like at the slime Jimmy Savile.

What I would seriously do now is start a thread and keep it running with Rachel Royce's name in the topic headline subject.

Hopefully one day houspricecrash.com is going to be a historical document, so when people in power say "Gosh! we just did not see it coming" we can remind them that thousands did.

Oh, aye definitely. It will crash. When it does, get ready for the soul-searching amongst the media establishment "We didn't know, why?"

They will then find this as I'm sure when it kicks off, the more people search for "House Price Crash," they'll view this site in the search results.

That's the beauty of the internet:

simpsons-thumb.jpg

HOLA4425

Oh, aye definitely. It will crash. When it does, get ready for the soul-searching amongst the media establishment "We didn't know, why?"

They will then find this as I'm sure when it kicks off, the more people search for "House Price Crash," they'll view this site in the search results.

That's the beauty of the internet:

simpsons-thumb.jpg

There were plenty of discussions on this website pre-2008 about the coming financial apocalypse, many of them naming MBSs and CDOS as the likely culprit. I actually remember being a bit blasé about sooner of the warnings. How wrong I was.

But no one ever points to HPC as one of the identifiers of the causes of the financial crash.