House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Automotive Engineer

[Inspired By The Classics] Digging Up The Money Trail

I was reading a post on the classics section which game me an idea. The post is called "My Experience The .com boom vrs the hp boom" by Eric Pebble back in 2004.

Here is the post in question (enbolden section is my edit):

Very good Posts here -- Oh it so funny to see the bulls STILL ramping it all up. And yes, much of all this ramping over the last 5+ years has been massively ochestrated between the numerous [shady, in the background...] property "developers", "investors", etc. in concert with moneylenders and all PARTICULALRY using PR AGENCIES - THE EXPERTS at manipulating press & media reports AND TV prgrammes, "news Items" etc etc. - ALL TO ONE FOCUS & Message - "PROPERTY IS FAILSAFE" etc. etc. ALWAYS REMEMBER - MOST of what you read in the media and hear/see too -IT IS PUT THERE BY PR AGENCIES: THIS IS THEIR JOB, THIS IS WHY THEY MAKE SO MUCH MONEY!!!!

A friend of mine (I keep giving him huge grief) is in junior partnership with a guy who has been in the property "game" for 40 years - and I have been watching them play for the past 5-7 years; they have been going right accross the UK buying up all sorts of properties - ALL OVER the UK - renting them out, doing them up, etc etc. - and over the last 10-18 months they have sold ALL OF THEM OFF!! The senior guy has seen it and done it ALL before - and he knew EXACTLY what he was doing - and he has made MILLIONS AND MILLIONS - he is a total expert - he saw the fall coming over 18 months ago, and started off-loading as of then. ALSO: he and other partners in this property "game" have been spending very big amounts on "publicity" & PR - via many PR Agencies - placing vast nunbers of articles, items, tv clips, and even backing at least 2 of the tv property programmes (on the quiet, behind various guises, via "associates"), feeding the entire media machine in all sorts of ways, many quite subtlely, talking the WHOLE thing up and up. Of course those who are half switched on could not have failed to notice the INCREDIBLE saturation of media hype on the property scene,....

Well guys & girls!!! - It is almost entirely rigged - the whole thing has been ochestrated by the vested interests - and, yes!, you can't deny it - they've achieved their aims -they've "done well" - many many of them - even the thickos like Krusty Allcrap & S Beeny types -- they have ALL made huge amounts of dosh on the back of this... and it is NOT a coincidence that large portions of the media - particulalry the "reporting"/news media have NOT talked property down -look at eh BBC Website - it STILL reports the Wriggelsworth/Halifax CR*P/LIES as "NEWS"!!! - WHY??? Becasue Producers and Editors etc - THEY ALL have fingures in ALL SORTS of pies!!!! You may not believe this - but it is the case.

Also, v large numbers of MP's - including MANY "New Labourites" - have been using their generous salaries and allowances to buy into the scam too -Large numbers if them own SEVERAL properties, particulalry in London & area - this is a story that I urge any aspiring investigative journalist out there to pursue....

SO - the REAL PROS out there have known all along that this is a game!!! - and have understood that it is, in effect, a MASSIVE Pyramid Selling Game/Scam -- i.e. Get in at the bottom - and sell out at the top - timing is crucial....

There is, however, a way the poor FTB's can start to fight back; the poor FTB's who have been utterly USED by, in particular, their "friendly" banks and mortgage providers to feed this whole scam - by being led into the "dream" [etc.], like lambs to the slaughter - many of them persuaded to buy into the "market" at rip-off prices and feeding the "system" - acting effectively as the fall guys feeding hard earned money at vastly hyped up prices - feeding the rivulets and small streams - into the water supply further down - into streams, small rivers, large rivers,deltas, lakes, etc. etc. gorges, huge oceans etc etc. - which is where the ultimate winners in this "game" clean up at - HERE is where the players of the game clean up - take the money and run.

FTB's CAN fight back: They need to understand what has been going on - it isn't rocket science anyway!!!! - They simply ALL need to tell each other what is going on -- from college/university/job starter [etc.] levels upwards -- AND ALL REALIZE - THEY HAVE IMMENSE POWER: THEY ARE THE RAINFALL AND DROPLETS AND SMALL RIVULETS!!! THE WHOLE SYSTEM DEPENDS ON THEM!!! AND -- WELL, IT'S SO, SO SIMPLE!!! -- DO NOT BUY INTO THIS SCAM AT ALL: KEEP OUT: BRING IT ALL DOWN..

JUST SAY: "WE WILL ONLY BUY AT THE SAME PRICE AS YOU DID MATE - SO, IF YOU SLASH 60% OFF THAT PRICE - TO NEAR WHAT YOU PAID -- THEN- AND ONLY THEN - WE WILL THINK ABOUT BUYING THAT PROPERTY!!!! ALL FTB's JUST NEED TO TELL THEIR MATES/COLLEGE FRIENDS ETC. - LOOK AT HPC - ALL GET TOGETHER VIA TEXT/EMAIL/THE WEB ETC. - AND SIMPLY LOOK AT WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON!!!! IT IS A PYRAMID SELLING SCAM!!! THE BIGGEST EVER!!! -- DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE LEAD LIKE LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER!! JUST SAY NO!!! WE WILL NOT BE RIPPED OFF!

WHY SHOULD WE PAY "£180k" WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT 5 YEARS AGO FOR £60k??!!!!!!! NO!! - we MIGHT pay £65k - but that's it !!!!! That's all we are offering - because that is all we can afford - just like it was for you!! After all, Gordon Brown loves to boast how inflation has been a negligible "1-2%"!!! -- Well - that means we may pay a few hundred more that you paid 4 years ago!!! That is ALL it is worth!!!!

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/4050-my-experience-the-com-boom-vrs-hp-boom/?p=48410

Maybe Mr.Pebble can give us an update on his friend that he used to give a lot of grief to. See what he is up to nowadays.

My thought was as follows, can we dig a bit to try to find a money trail linking HPI++++ articles to people with vested interests?

I was reading a post on the classics section which game me an idea. The post is called "My Experience The .com boom vrs the hp boom" by Eric Pebble back in 2004.

Here is the post in question (enbolden section is my edit):

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/4050-my-experience-the-com-boom-vrs-hp-boom/?p=48410

Maybe Mr.Pebble can give us an update on his friend that he used to give a lot of grief to. See what he is up to nowadays.

My thought was as follows, can we dig a bit to try to find a money trail linking HPI++++ articles to people with vested interests?

Holy COW!!!!!!!

Well -- that guy and his partner did sell everything -- and they made a tidy sum I believe -- and were well out of the game by 2007/8 when the "crash" happened....

Since then, they have just been dipping in and out as far as I know - buying quite expensive places and then re-selling them, making £100k here, £60k there, £90k here.... etc etc.

The senior guy really thinks the "market" is absolutely insane -- he is in a state of near disbelief I gather -- but they just dip in and out quickly. They can afford to too.

So -- there you have it!

The foreign funny money, the immigration numbers, the factor that London is a 'safe haven' for all kinds of dodgy and slightly dodgy cash from ALL over the world..... Thus - London & the SE - and other places too I gather [Manchester, Oxford, Cambridge] --- there are ALL kinds of people sinking their "money" into these places from ALL over the globe...

The UK has become a monopoly board. This is unprecedented. And the govt & Vested Interests LOVE IT.

So -- there is just no hope for ordinary people anymore.

It is absolutely DIRE.

Edited by eric pebble