House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

How To Impress Your Friends And Influence People

I was reading this and all I heard in my head was 'Stop the pigeon'

I like this quote:

'1979: Fed up with coming second to politics, his habit of eating cold baked beans from the tin and never once being taken out for dinner, Jane Chapman left Corbyn. ‘The problem is that his politics are to the exclusion of other kinds of human activities, such as going out for a meal, to the cinema or buying clothes,’ she said recently.'

And Labour expect him to engage with the common man?
He's an obsessive, useless t1t.
(And on all things political, I feel I have to state that I come from a blue collar Nothern Labour family)

I was reading this and all I heard in my head was 'Stop the pigeon'

I like this quote:

'1979: Fed up with coming second to politics, his habit of eating cold baked beans from the tin and never once being taken out for dinner, Jane Chapman left Corbyn. ‘The problem is that his politics are to the exclusion of other kinds of human activities, such as going out for a meal, to the cinema or buying clothes,’ she said recently.'

He's an obsessive, useless t1t.

(And on all things political, I feel I have to state that I come from a blue collar Nothern Labour family)

Comment I liked best (not on this but on Corbyn in general) was from some ordinary person in the street when asked by a TV reporter:

Just two words - 'Geriatric hippie.'

The current Prime Minister couldn't remember how many houses he owned, is that an experience he shares with "the common man"?

Normal people don't make it to the top of major political parties, become CEOs of large companies, earn a billion dollars etc.

Comment I liked best (not on this but on Corbyn in general) was from some ordinary person in the street when asked by a TV reporter:

Just two words - 'Geriatric hippie.'

You approve of ageism?

Corbyn's political instincts seem pretty sound to me. Whether exposing the charade of an 'independent nuclear deterrent', opposing Osborne's sinister program of housing privatisation and sub-division, or campaigning for a debt jubilee via People's QE.

Which is presumably why Rothermere's scabrous hate sheet is conducting an unrelenting campaign of smear and disparagement against him.

Corbyn's political instincts seem pretty sound to me. Whether exposing the charade of an 'independent nuclear deterrent', opposing Osborne's sinister program of housing privatisation and sub-division, or campaigning for a debt jubilee via People's QE.

Which is presumably why Rothermere's scabrous hate sheet is conducting an unrelenting campaign of smear and disparagement against him.

Fair enough....

So did he shag the Abbopotamus or not then? That's what we want to know???

I don't award these very often....

+1

Some of us have been listening to the likes of Alex Jones for years.

Well aware of how we are conditioned to accept things as they are it will take a mountain to change any of it.

What I can tell you Corbyn is not the man to endear that change. He is greyer than the John Major spitting image puppet.

"His wife is said to have complained her husband was 'first the politician and second the parent.'" What a ghastly quality in a politician!!! If only he had the decency to put his family before the rest country like Bliar, Pigmoron and the rest.

Corbyn is challenging the disgraceful political consensus. Can this be a bad thing?

My question to corbyn would be, "do you condemn the Birmingham pub bombings"

As the IRA themselves now do apparently would be interesting to hear his answer.

I feel myself to be quite radical really and some of his policies are 100% right such as the nationalisation of the railways. But he has too much political dogma on board to be electable.

As to showing off pictures of his sexual conquest, tbh sounds like a smear campaign yes, but also quite possibly true. Having a relationship with a non-White woman was probably a big feather in the cap of a Marxist leaning young white politician

Didn't marry her though did he? His wives were solid white middle class.

I too had a relationship with a non-white woman in the 90's and broke it off as I was scared of the longer term consequences, i was a coward about interrace marriage and therefore I suspect Corbyn is too deep down.

Meanwhile my students in their twenties are completely at home with it- which is fantastic, but corbyn? Moral coward

When I want to Impress my friends and influence people I tell them about my £33 million lottery win, like the woman in the Daily Fail. The problem is having been through the washer it's more like a "Turin Shroud" version of a lottery ticket.

All credit to her in an interview when she was asked if the ticket was faked she replied "why would I do that" and I for one was stuck for an explanation so had to concluded she's genuine.

K

I don't.

He spouts loads of stuff, some bad, some bad, some fcking insane.

His actual instincts are terrible.

He turned up in York after the flooding to stand beside the EA staff, who, as the investigation rumbles on, look to be the major cause of the flooding.

He's one of those people who think wroking in the public sector puts people beyond any criticism and accountability.

He's captured by hte extreme left Unions.

I don't.

He spouts loads of stuff, some bad, some bad, some fcking insane.

SNIP

He's one of those people who think wroking in the public sector puts people beyond any criticism and accountability.

He's captured by hte extreme left Unions.

I've not really followed him that closely but he does "feel" genuinely unlike a lot of the other career politicians. There's definitely something refreshing about him.

People talk about him having batsh1t policies but I'm never sure which ones they are referring to. I don't think it's so much extreme policy ideas that scare the media/established system as the fact that he seems like someone who is headstrong and would make big decisions without taking advice or criticism (or pandering) from the media and those around him. He's an unknown loose cannon.

As a person I'd vote for him, but being a right-leaning libertarian I doubt I'd ever agree on his policy/stance. If, come the election, his policies look attractive it could be the first time in history I'd even consider voting labour. And that makes me feel queasy just typing it.

I have few (but good) friends, and I don't have to "impress" them.

Didn't Abbott send her son to an independent school - not even a state grammar.

Presumably this was way after the affair with Corbyn, or his lofty principles wouldn't have allowed him to contaminate himself.

I like this quote:

Buying clothes as an activity itself instead of just something you need to do from time to time, or even because you like clothes (in which case the buying is still just a means to an end)? Not sure I think any more of her.

My question to corbyn would be, "do you condemn the Birmingham pub bombings"

As the IRA themselves now do apparently would be interesting to hear his answer.

The IRA can afford to condemn them. They weren't the perpetrators. Most of the killed and injured were Irish. What would they have gained.

The Prevention of Terrorism Act was ratified three weeks later. Who stood to gain by the outrage caused by these bombings? Our government of the day???? ...

The IRA can afford to condemn them. They weren't the perpetrators. Most of the killed and injured were Irish. What would they have gained.

The Prevention of Terrorism Act was ratified three weeks later. Who stood to gain by the outrage caused by these bombings? Our government of the day???? ...

Actually senior former Provos have now admitted they did do it..

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/30/former-top-ira-official-questioned-over-1974-birmingham-six-pub-bombings

Though I suppose it could all be another of those conspiracy theories...