House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Brandon Lewis, The Housing Minister.

Been tweeting Brandon Lewis the housing minister for months now and i've had 2 replies.

1st rpely was in answer to something like

"Does the housing minster ever reply to questions on housing"

the reply was something like:

"Yes".

( Sarcastic *****, I thought )

And one other reply about what great work he/thry were doing, not actually address my point.

I looked him up on wikipedia today and saw this:

CZ0cTXJXEAAI-7i.jpg

You really couldn't make it up.

So if house prices collapse 50% he is £1.75M worse off !!!

On top of that he owns 3 houses so he's in up to his neck.

I am fast loosing the will to live.

when they double again over 10 years, imagine how you'll feel?

I know, your going to quote the rational and the impossible, but truth is that it is more likely than not.

They've not doubled nominal or in real terms anywhere.

Even in the London mega bubble ( which no one can surely deny ) priced are up 50% over 2007 and clinging on to real world inflated prices.

Again the problem is, wages have not gone up since 2005, IRs are at an 300 year old low, the world economy is collapsing hard.

You Sir, are talking total and utter sh*te.

when they double again over 10 years, imagine how you'll feel?

I know, your going to quote the rational and the impossible, but truth is that it is more likely than not.

So look, prices may double, but this is meaningless. What is more useful to talk about is the increase in LTI ratio. If house prices double, but LTI goes back to 3 x a single median wage then affordability will not be a problem.

However, lets go with the idea that LTI ratio may double from here where it is something like 10 x median wage now.

If you bought a pwoperdee, then you may pat yourself on the back and feel smug. However, you have to ask yourself what that would do to the country that you own your pwoperdee in. Would it be a safe and happy place to be? Would you feel safe in your home? Would the economy be doing well? Will workers be happy and productive paying virtually all of their wages for accomodation that is even more compressed than it is now? Would these conditions be the kind of conditions that people who can afford to pay 20 x median income for a very average house in a country that has few redeeming features other than its historic economic and social stability. This country sure doesn't provide great weather and many other lifestyle benefits that are offered by other countries and to top it off it is run by self serving c***s like Brandon Lewis.

Sure we could turn ourselves into a giant Monaco populated by wealthy people who do not need to earn from the local economy. These people could of course afford to live in those kinds of conditions. You have to ask yourself though, that If you were wealthy and not tied to deriving your income from being located in the UK, would you really choose to live here?

If house prices "double" as you say, this country is finished. Simples.

I sincerely hope you are going to buy a home at current prices. I would fully encourage you to do so cos either way you would be f****ed. I would also encourage you to f**k off and contribute your sh*te at Mumsnet or some other forum for morons.

Edited by Sawitcoming

So look, prices may double, but this is meaningless. What is more useful to talk about is the increase in LTI ratio. If house prices double, but LTI goes back to 3 x a single median wage then affordability will not be a problem.

Stay on topic dude...he knows he's talking s**t, he's what is known as a troll c**t

At 6:01pm Nickos said he "would never buy at the mental prices they are today." Clearly you should at least consider (maybe you would decide against it if you are quite risk averse) buying at mental prices if you think they will probably be much more mental in future.

But anyway, the declining volumes are one of the signs of slowing.

At 6:01pm Nickos said he "would never buy at the mental prices they are today." Clearly you should at least consider (maybe you would decide against it if you are quite risk averse) buying at mental prices if you think they will probably be much more mental in future.

But anyway, the declining volumes are one of the signs of slowing.

Its a good sign but what we really need is forced selling.

Updated

CZ4KqRrWkAIpLIJ.png

I would imagine the housing minister is getting a bit ****ed off right about now if he is reading my twitter feed, but I am sure he's not...cause I blocked him.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Ah but Brandon Lewis does not control the housing "market" :). He's a small part bit-player. Imagine our glee when he loses >£1million in a 50%housing crash and the sleepless nights as his modest empire collapses before his eyes :D.

Is the housing minister job a poisoned chalice that only a desperate idiot, or a fall guy, would take as a job?

...Sure we could turn ourselves into a giant Monaco populated by wealthy people who do not need to earn from the local economy. ...

Yeap, sadly that's the future I'm seeing but without the sunshine.

Updated

CZ4KqRrWkAIpLIJ.png

I would imagine the housing minister is getting a bit ****ed off right about now if he is reading my twitter feed, but I am sure he's not...cause I blocked him.

Unblock him here's some ammunition

1.9 If, on the sale of the property, the price of the property has fallen and there is insufficient money from the sale to repay the equity loans after the mortgage has been paid the purchaser will lose any deposit paid. The HCA will not however seek to recover the balance of their equity, not otherwise paid out of the proceeds of sale, from the purchaser.

HTB terms England Help to Buy in England - Terms and Conditions, from the help to fire sale thread non-recourse lending with taxpayers money have fun

Edited by long time lurking