House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Whatever Happened To Alistair Darling....

You couldn't make this up

CZ0QilFWAAUkVj5.jpg
Retweet
View Tweet activity
More
Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Banker through and through.

^ "North Edinburgh Labour Party - For a worker's republic" - he must have thought NELP was a bank.

Edited by billybong

One of the politicos scared witless by the banks whispering in their ears to provide untold sums of money and help.....or else. Taken for the fools they are and lauded as saviours now and showered with gifts for their sage wisdom and help.

Don't forgive them Lord, for they know what what they did.

A cynical man, like yourself, might think this was a tad...cant think of the world...but shouldn't really be the done thing

He drew the political/financial equivalent of having to use the toilet after a 30 stone, BO-ridden co-worker, who'd spend the night down the curry house.

I don't think we've heard the last word on Gordies involvement with fkcing up the UK.

The HBOS rumblings on have started again.

Lloyds still sits on the shelf like a VD-ridden far girl at a dance.

I met him, I also grew up close to where he is from so family know his family and such.

He is the oddest shaped human being I ever met, like someone joined two lighbulbs at the base and added arms and legs.

maybe I am missing something but he didn't seem that sharp either. I have known many clever people in various fields but he didn't strike me as either a leader or a sharp wit.

I guess appropriate membership in certain "clubs" can push an average person far in life if you get what I mean.

Smart means knowing the difference between right and wrong, what should be done and what shouldn't......he knew what he wanted to do, or what he knew should be done, but that doesn't mean to say he had the means, the will or the power to do it......says much about many.....no one man can undo the wrongs or put the world to right......so like many they look after no one. ;)

Edited by winkie

Such is the extent to which the British political system has been captured by the City of London.

They work for us? They most certainly do not.

I met him, I also grew up close to where he is from so family know his family and such.

He is the oddest shaped human being I ever met, like someone joined two lighbulbs at the base and added arms and legs.

maybe I am missing something but he didn't seem that sharp either. I have known many clever people in various fields but he didn't strike me as either a leader or a sharp wit.

I guess appropriate membership in certain "clubs" can push an average person far in life if you get what I mean.

I lived in "North Edinburgh" for over half a decade and never saw him once (the Queen I did see, BTW). Wasn't his office on Leith Walk? Anyway, I guess he was kinda busy with Northern Rock and such, not to forget the Royal Bankrupt of Scotland.

EDIT: Heck, I even almost bumped into William near the Opal Lounge on George, and on the way down from the Highlands we saw Harry and some blonde chick getting out of a fancy yellow (I think) sports Merc. But WTF was Darling? Total no show.

Edited by Silverfinger

It would be good to have a list of ex-politicians and where they ended up.

Might shine a light on some of their decisions when in power.