House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

No Lloyds Shares Today, Sorry, Greater Fool Still Being Sought

@UK__News There's real forward guidance for you...shares/Bank shares about to go through the floor ? why ?

CZzZE8-WkAEjrMs.jpg

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity

More

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

And there I was trusting the man withdrawing out savings registering for the offer getting excited at another Government give-away to their mates and maybe cashing in myself this time, then they pull the plug Oh well its back to my cash isa 0.05% so glad we do forward guidance in this country ,I mean who just who could have seen this coming :):)

Surely it's the opposite? He doesn't want to give it away.

Hmmm....i've heard that sort of statement before :lol::lol::lol:

Everything cant be as rosy as they are making out, that's for sure.

Surely it's the opposite? He doesn't want to give it away.

Expect some help for banks in the very near future...

Try not to introduce sensible critique to these polemics.

The damage was done in 2008/2009 when taxpayer money was poured into the zombies' gaping maw. Everything that's happened since in this story has been attempted damage limitation.

Like the look of Lloyds, but waiting to see if they get cheaper still, if we get a wider scramble to raise cash, where even good stocks get sold off.

Don't know what the changes to tax-relief on pension contributions will be, and how they may impinge on market. I may approach Lloyds Bank for a mortgage after the HPC. They may have mega BTL mortgage debt on their books, but at least they can sweat the BTLers and go for their own homes if necessary.

And a hpcer I follow put the case bank shares may have to fall further because of how tapped out younger people are. Their savings levels, and ability to invest after rent and living expenses paid. Yes I know they're not that important to wider share values, but still something to keep an eye on. Looking to save towards buying a home rather than shares, imo. Main view is that I have to see some HPC, how the banks handle it (should be okay), and then first rounds of major lending to productive renter-savers to buy homes, or upsize, before getting serious about bank shares.

4 bankers sharing a dumb-smug BTLers house in London... priced out of market. Will be prepared to accept banks have done some reforming and back on track of being cold-numbers bankers, when the turn on BTL and HPC comes in. Followed hopefully by very profitable lending in volume to younger generations, and high churn of annual transactions for decades.

Like the look of Lloyds, but waiting to see if they get cheaper still, if we get a wider scramble to raise cash, where even good stocks get sold off.

Don't know what the changes to tax-relief on pension contributions will be, and how they may impinge on market. I may approach Lloyds Bank for a mortgage after the HPC. They may have mega BTL mortgage debt on their books, but at least they can sweat the BTLers and go for their own homes if necessary.

And a hpcer I follow put the case bank shares may have to fall further because of how tapped out younger people are. Their savings levels, and ability to invest after rent and living expenses paid. Yes I know they're not that important to wider share values, but still something to keep an eye on. Looking to save towards buying a home rather than shares, imo. Main view is that I have to see some HPC, how the banks handle it (should be okay), and then first rounds of major lending to productive renter-savers to buy homes, or upsize, before getting serious about bank shares.

4 bankers sharing a dumb-smug BTLers house in London... priced out of market. Will be prepared to accept banks have done some reforming and back on track of being cold-numbers bankers, when the turn on BTL and HPC comes in. Followed hopefully by very profitable lending in volume to younger generations, and high churn of annual transactions for decades.

Define young ?

Under 50's ?

It sounds like he has a price. I wonder what price is ok and changes his decision ? Presumably balancing the sell everything off (privatize) with not falling into the he sold of cheap (in hindsight).

Edited by Ash4781

When Maggie sold the crown jewels to the public......many took up her offer, what a great idea selling our utilities and core services to the people that live and work here, people that use what they buy....a few shares each for all those that want them at a good price.......made to be so easy to buy, every bank provided free service and execution..........until the shares people bought as a nest egg for their future with good dividends like electricity shares got ripped out of their hands and people were forced to sell when they didn't want to to big corporates that end up being owned by overseas companies......never again will I believe what they tell you......small individual shareholders are not what big business want.....all a con imo......the post office sell off further confirms it. ;)

Try not to introduce sensible critique to these polemics.

I fundamentally disagree with your assessment of the economy, but you are usually rational based on your views and market knowledge. I can't believe you really think holding onto an investment because "it's worth more than anyone is currently willing to pay" has any merit. Unless Osbourne is using his inside information, e.g. more QE will inflate things a bit further.

The damage was done in 2008/2009 when taxpayer money was poured into the zombies' gaping maw. Everything that's happened since in this story has been attempted damage limitation.

Indeed. The shares were worthless, and the losses were incurred the moment he bought them. Anything recovered above zero is simply a result of gevernment subsidies since.

Edited by Steppenpig