House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wherebee

Guardian And Telegraph Censorship

I get massively censored in BTL comments, often for posting facts, not opinions, that someone finds objectionable. Facts such as average IQ by country - which is supported by study after study and even was on Wikipedia (until they censored the whole subject and pulled the page!! :ph34r: )

Anyone know whether this has been legally challenged in the UK or elsewhere? It is, in effect, false advertising for the Guardian to have a section that says "comment is free" and then delete anything you don't like?!

We all remember the news coverage of the soviet Pravda message control, and it was roundly mocked and held up at the time as tyrannical - but now it is commonplace in the west and more obvious than ever....

From the vantage point of 63 years old, it has always seemed dynamite to compare IQs. Between countries stats did emerge for a short while a couple of years ago, to my utter astonishment but now you say it's been pulled.

I believe that IQ is the biggest single reason for poverty and that's why the stats are not out there. If it was realised that comprehensive education can't give everyone and equal chance because the raw material is not 'equal', this would rob people of hope. I'm also convinced that such a situation, if realised by the great unwashed, would be likely to ignite revolution.

Therefore, everyone's equal. Benefits are paid to keep them in booze, fags and designer gear so they can live fulfilled lives. That stops then from rocking the boat.

I'm sure that no legal challenge would be allowed to reach the courts for that reason. Comment is only free when you're not upsetting the status quo.

From the vantage point of 63 years old, it has always seemed dynamite to compare IQs. Between countries stats did emerge for a short while a couple of years ago, to my utter astonishment but now you say it's been pulled.

I believe that IQ is the biggest single reason for poverty and that's why the stats are not out there. If it was realised that comprehensive education can't give everyone and equal chance because the raw material is not 'equal', this would rob people of hope. I'm also convinced that such a situation, if realised by the great unwashed, would be likely to ignite revolution.

Therefore, everyone's equal. Benefits are paid to keep them in booze, fags and designer gear so they can live fulfilled lives. That stops then from rocking the boat.

I'm sure that no legal challenge would be allowed to reach the courts for that reason. Comment is only free when you're not upsetting the status quo.

The whole IQ debate is a great example of the political whitewashing of sound scientific study by powerful political forces.

One book I often reccomend is 'The Bell Curve'. It's a superb insight.

I've recently become aware of the world IQ map I think through a post on the guidofawks website. It seems on a cursory analysis that the more homogeneous a society the higher the relative IQ. It would be interesting to have the data for the previous 50 years, which I suspect would show a decline in western countries IQ level with significant immigration from the third world.

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=2812

The IQ test is biased anyway and flawed. There is a wasp bias in the questions.

The problem is that by refusing to have a discussion about IQ distributions and the flaws in an IQ test, the validity of the the whole test goes unchallenged, so the wasps, while never daring to say it openly, go around thinking that they're so much smarter than the bees.

It seems on a cursory analysis that the more homogeneous a society the higher the relative IQ. It would be interesting to have the data for the previous 50 years, which I suspect would show a decline in western countries IQ level with significant immigration from the third world.

These dark truths are never going to see the light of day in public discussion.

The West is proceeding down the self-destruction route at maximum speed; with left wing lunacy supreme, feminism rampant and immigration unrestrained.

If I was a mod I'd delete this thread just for a laugh :)

Luckily the mods don't have a sense of humour...

I suppose it may be the years of conditioning, but I sympathise with the idea that it's best not to compare IQs internationally. It is kind of offensive, telling people they're officially stupid. On the other hand, I do think I should be studied by scientists, but that is sort of incompatible with not mentioning it.

I've recently become aware of the world IQ map I think through a post on the guidofawks website. It seems on a cursory analysis that the more homogeneous a society the higher the relative IQ. It would be interesting to have the data for the previous 50 years, which I suspect would show a decline in western countries IQ level with significant immigration from the third world.

Looks like your map has already by moderated.

Guest eight

There's a wasp bias? Does it favour them or discriminate? Are they smarter than bees? :unsure:

P

What would you rather bee, or a wasp?

IQ is a western biased construct.

It seems to me that many populations may be developing in a different direction. The problem with admitting there are some, cultures, societies, who will always fail miserably when taking a western oriented IQ test is actually to admit that nature doesnt allow for regimented regimes or to be placed into boxes to be viewed in the context of being a science.

Sociology is sometimes thought of as a way to measure and quanitfy human relationships, cultures and development etc, but there are some things, such as human thought processes, intelligence and instinct are one example that will never truly be measured and quantifed.

The problem is that by refusing to have a discussion about IQ distributions and the flaws in an IQ test, the validity of the the whole test goes unchallenged, so the wasps, while never daring to say it openly, go around thinking that they're so much smarter than the bees.

Those WASPs can't be too bright, they biased the test to suit themselves and still got soundly thrashed by Jews an East Asians!

BTW, modern IQ tests are non-verbal and non-mathematical. They aim to eliminate cultural bias. They come as close as we can get to measuring underlying cognitive ability. Leftists might not like the results, but the truth is the truth however unpalatable.

IQ is a western biased construct.

It seems to me that many populations may be developing in a different direction. The problem with admitting there are some, cultures, societies, who will always fail miserably when taking a western oriented IQ test is actually to admit that nature doesnt allow for regimented regimes or to be placed into boxes to be viewed in the context of being a science.

Sociology is sometimes thought of as a way to measure and quanitfy human relationships, cultures and development etc, but there are some things, such as human thought processes, intelligence and instinct are one example that will never truly be measured and quantifed.

Evidence?

Nah, thought not.

You're trotting out a line you read somewhere else, like anyone who doesn't like the uncomfortable implications of intelligence tests does.

The evidence is all there, IQ is a reliable indicator of intelligence across all cultures and there is a strong correlation between IQ and wealth.

Those WASPs can't be too bright, they biased the test to suit themselves and still got soundly thrashed by Jews an East Asians!

A perfectly acceptable conclusion - the white European is inferior to the Asian and Jew.

Just don't extend your conclusions beyond that or there'll be bother. :)

The IQ test is biased anyway and flawed. There is a wasp bias in the questions.

Came here to post exactly this. IQ tests measure a very specific form of 'intelligence'. As Westerners we do best in this test because it was built upon our cultural suppositions of what is important and the way we are educated.

Instinctively, I imagine intelligence is influenced by a wide variety of factors such as genes, diet, and the kinds of brain training (ie education) we are exposed to when young. I also imagine there is far greater difference within populations than between them.

BTW, modern IQ tests are non-verbal and non-mathematical. They still measure a way of thinking.

They aim to eliminate cultural bias. They might aim to, but do they?

They come as close as we can get to measuring underlying cognitive ability. Fine, but is it enough to claim it has validity as a universal measure of intelligence?

Leftists might not like the results, but the truth is the truth however unpalatable. The truth may still be that particular types of test only measure particular type of intelligence.

I'm not arguing, but trying to point out it's hardly an exact science.

Came here to post exactly this. IQ tests measure a very specific form of 'intelligence'. As Westerners we do best in this test because it was built upon our cultural suppositions of what is important and the way we are educated.

Instinctively, I imagine intelligence is influenced by a wide variety of factors such as genes, diet, and the kinds of brain training (ie education) we are exposed to when young. I also imagine there is far greater difference within populations than between them.

Statistically you can isolate the variation in IQ due to genetics.

Those papers need to sell papers and they know the demographics of their core readers. If you post stuff that upsets that you will be modded/censored.

Guardian readers (in my experience) like nothing better than to crowd into a (non-brand) coffee shop and all loudly agree with each other on all topics.

I hope you are respectful enough not to threaten their 'safe space' while you drink your coffee?

Evidence?

I'm not questioning the statistics, but rather the universal validity of the measure. The test itself is a cultural artefact (steeped in Western positivism). I don't disagree that there is variation across gene pools, but I would question the significance of this and whether we can confidently describe it as 'intelligence'. These are questions for which there is no evidence as such, and perhaps not even a 'right' answer.

Who's to say that cognitive reasoning is worth more than being able to communicate with spirits?

:lol: