House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Once in a lifetime

The Best News Of The Year?

An easy one:

"Housing transactions down to their lowest level in 30 years".

Nothing else matters, if people aren't buying prices are coming down. The laws of supply and demand will always win eventually.

Well, I think this may be a little subjective, but certainly one of the best for me was one in the Times yesterday:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...1937090,00.html

The story about Standard Life, saying "we didn't mean it really" cos they were shouting from the roof tops and getting all their gimps in the press to spin stories weekly about Sipps and how much money they were taking and how it was going to have such a big impact. . . . . . . . . . That Brown pulled the plug :lol::lol::lol: and them and all the stupid, greedy morons who were thinking they were going to be able to sponge off hard working people for another decade got their commupance.

I just cannot believe the gall of them with this article. "We didn't mean it really" in the hope that the decision will be reversed. They got caught out trying to spin the market into another Greed Mania, Don't Miss the Ladder year.

Standard Life, you bunch of whinging, spinning, thieves - Don't like it when it is you who are the ones left out in the cold do you, you bunch of greedy, lying sloaney slime balls.

I will laugh when the idiots within your moronic organisation responsible for this joke of a campaign, see what the local DSS is like for the first time. . .

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by BubbleTurbo

Sipps 4 me :lol:

Vi's shoot selves in foot!

Who's EVER going to invest in anything like that again till it's "Set in Stone"?

Greedy investors have a crap chrimbo & could loose their shirts in the coming months - but hey that's the gamble!

Talking about Sipps . . . .

isn't it amazing that our house "perma-bull", Dogbox, wozn't caught up in it all? :unsure:

SIPPS was wonderful but I think this one brings a wider smile.

What an opening half to the year for Countrywide!

Profits down 90%, staff cut by 9%, transactions down 30% and 33 branches closed — but share price holding up

Transactions down 30 per cent, profits crash 90 per cent, staff cut by nine per cent, 33 branches closed and a dispute with an IT supplier.

It has been quite a year so far for Countrywide — yet their share price remains above 300p.

At the time of writing, the share price was 350p, valuing Countrywide at £630 million. Mind you, the stock market as a whole has advanced.

The obvious reason is that once Rightmove floats in November, Countrywide’s one third stake in the property website could be worth between £65 million and £100 million, or 35p to 60p per share and that this ‘value’ will be unlocked for shareholders.

full article http://www.estateagencynews.co.uk/columnis.../mgood0905.html

best news of the year? That there are BTL parasites SOOOO incredibly stupid that they are STILL trying to buy more property, even now, when we are WELLLLLL past the obvious peak of the world's largest ever asset bubble.

They are the ones who REALLY fuel the redistribution of wealth (1st redistribution - property owners selling to newcomers as the boom gets underway as they convert to cash, 2nd redistribution - from 'clever' people who overextended late in the boom to people buying after the falls)

I wonder if it's "time to raise rents" anytime soon :-) :-) :-)

Hope that hurts!

Edited by CrashIsUnderWay

I will laugh when the idiots within your moronic organisation responsible for this joke of a campaign, see what the local DSS is like for the first time. . . [bubbleTurbo]

They'll need the assistance of Dr. Who. The DSS ceased to exist in 2001.

Misquoting again?

We're all doomed, tenants and landlords, by the new HMO regulations.

In the interests of fairness I back TTRTR.

He DID say that we are all doomed.

Still funny though :)

An easy one:

"Housing transactions down to their lowest level in 30 years".

Nothing else matters, if people aren't buying prices are coming down. The laws of supply and demand will always win eventually.

Is that true for the whole year?

Also I thought mortgage approvals showed a similar fall for a few early months in 2005 and then recovered?

Best news of the year for me is that my brother has just taken all the equity out of his house.

He bought his house at the peak of the last cycle, he bougth a rover about a week before they went bust, the street he lives in was grant improved a couple of years back every house in the street got modernised except his, he opted out of the pension plan at work years ago, the pensions there are doing fantastic. My brother is the unluckist person I know. He has now cursed the property market.

Next best is sipps.

Best news of 2005?

1. SIPPS U-turn (greed, it seems isn't always good)

2. Gold (Up, up and away!)

3. The TTRTR 'we're all doomed' speech - (just for the amusment factor).

Best news of 2006?

1. YOY negative HPI (on all the major indexes)?

2. A major estate agent goes under?

3. Gold over $600?

I would say interest rates up, but I 'm still not convinced they'll do it, even if the pound tanks, everyone's savings get wiped out and the cost of living goes through the roof.