House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Nationwide +0.3

CZtml4jWkAAZiTa.png

That's another £800K in the pockets of a rich man somewhere.

FTB £10k better off with a 10% rise, really? The next FTB has to pay about £20k extra probably doubled to £40k by mortgage interest on it. How many extra months of net pay does that take?

FTB £10k better off with a 10% rise, really? The next FTB has to pay about £20k extra probably doubled to £40k by mortgage interest on it. How many extra months of net pay does that take?

You missed understand...the FTB is the person who has bought not the FTB who is waiting to buy....they are the PLEBS.

I guess I am trying to say...You are a pleb.

You missed understand...the FTB is the person who has bought not the FTB who is waiting to buy....they are the PLEBS.

I guess I am trying to say...You are a pleb.

Have you considered applying for a job at the Governbankment?

You make house owning sound very profitable and aspirational.

Just a question re.the market generally. I noticed quite a subdued start to January but in the last couple of weeks things have gone a bit manic. Stuff is going on the market and being sold immediately, the festering stock of last spring is selling too, there's actually very little stock left at all. Not sure whether this BTL tax deadline is having an effect, may be starter stuff selling and feeding through to the £250,00-£350,00 bracket which are just being snapped up now. Could be a ripple thing and Nottingham just happens to be on the crest of a wave, experiencing what Northampton got last year.

This is all bad for me as a Bear with most of my money is cash, but can't pretend it isn't happening.

I'd be very surprised if February isn't a big jump, Carney the fool has given the green light.

May be this the final mad moment when the MPC loses control of asset prices 2003 style and it brings on the bust when it tries to bear down on double digit growth too late with rate rises.

Edited by crashmonitor

May be this the final mad moment when the MPC loses control of asset prices 2003 style and it brings on the bust when it tries to bear down on double digit growth too late with rate rises.

it seems to me they are trying to control the market with words.

It's clearly not working.

As you say we can't ignore this is happening, but the asking prices in NOrthants/West midlands where I were looking are not even at 2007 levels now, they are 2007 + 20% or more. This has happened in a very short space of time. Now it's 250K for a 3 bed s**t hole rather than £180k I saw around 2007.

We've missed the boat..best get your scuba diving gear on and wait.

And despite what the LR headline figure is...the sales volume were down 8% in Oct and 14% in London.

Maybe the pensioners are cashing in their pensions and going balls deep into BTL...silly old codgers.

Every government policy right now seems to be to hand our lives to the bankers and the chinese, wage war on anyone with oil and inflate house prices.

CZ4hHJ_WwAAPZCE.png

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Nobody is saying that buying you own place is a bad idea......buying somewhere without help is the best idea, your income should be supporting your savings and living/housing costs.....when it doesn't you are stuffed, someone else will be living off of you.

it seems to me they are trying to control the market with words.

It's clearly not working.

As you say we can't ignore this is happening, but the asking prices in NOrthants/West midlands where I were looking are not even at 2007 levels now, they are 2007 + 20% or more. This has happened in a very short space of time. Now it's 250K for a 3 bed s**t hole rather than £180k I saw around 2007.

We've missed the boat..best get your scuba diving gear on and wait.

And despite what the LR headline figure is...the sales volume were down 8% in Oct and 14% in London.

Maybe the pensioners are cashing in their pensions and going balls deep into BTL...silly old codgers.

Every government policy right now seems to be to hand our lives to the bankers and the chinese, wage war on anyone with oil and inflate house prices.

CZ4hHJ_WwAAPZCE.png

I concur, this is the first time I can definitively say the Market is higher than 2007 and tbh it seems to have just happened in the last couple of weeks. I guess the market is strong in any new Year, but this is especially strong, leap year madness.

My commentary on the market is that it was indeed strong during the last leap year 2012, fell back in 2013, recovered its poise in 2014 and 2015, but 2016 has started stronger still. Could fizzle once we get past the BTL deadline.

BoE rate rises being pushed back makes things look more affordable to the average moron, too.

Get your cheap interest rate desks in good!

Absolutely, Carney's don't worry it is zirp forever speech just crazy, as I said previously the green light. I guess the warm glow of HPI will see the Brexit vote go Cameron's way now.

Absolutely, Carney's don't worry it is zirp forever speech just crazy, as I said previously the green light. I guess the warm glow of HPI will see the Brexit vote go Cameron's way now.

At the start of 2007 prices were insane, then it collapsed.

At the start of 2016 the prices dont look insane they look to be some made up joke....

And sales volumes are falling significantly.

Who's buying...the greater fools

#CaveatEmptor