House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest eight

Bananas In Pyjamas

Mums raking it in tax credits not working or doing the 16 Hr waltz, why should they get dressed, when they have nothing to get dressed for?

Interesting to note in the comments section, someone talks about seeing just one woman doing this 27 years ago. Wonder why so few?

As far back as I can remember when driving through a rough area of Bristol, Knowle, you could rely upon slotting a woman in a dressing gown whatever the time of day.

It's a marker of laziness, a slovenly lifestyle, and what we would call these days chavs.

The head knows that if she wants a better school it needs standards. So uniforms for the kids and parents who actually dress themselves in the morning.

On a related note I happened to walk twice past a local junior school - ?6 to 11 - in the afternoon the other week en route and back from town. It's a small town so whilst I wouldn't expect the kids to make their way home themselves given the contemporary paranoia (though I certainly was from age 11 if not earlier) I would expect the parents to collect them on foot.

But inevitability there were loads of cars. Half an hour later I went past again. There were lots more there but the kids were still not out.

As schools have a set end time and there is plenty of parking I could only conclude that the parents who had parked there at least half an hour too early had done so because not doing so would have meant walking two hundred yards.

You lazy b*ggers.

Turn up wearing a nightie and a face veil - that will confuse them, especially if you are a bloke.

A transgendered islamofascist in pjs should suitably drive their politically correct mentality to the point of heads exploding.

Either way, she needs to wind her ******ing neck in. I thought we were supposed to be live and let live here? Right wing libertarians my @rse the lot of you

I wasn't aware that we were supposed to be anything.

There is a huge range of opinions here with the only exception being the odd stray Labour voter who you can recognise because they start accusing everybody of being a Tory ("you voted for them").

Turn up wearing a nightie and a face veil - that will confuse them, especially if you are a bloke.

A transgendered islamofascist in pjs should suitably drive their politically correct mentality to the point of heads exploding.

Or...

Come in with some sob story about why you can't afford clothes and get somebody with too much time on their hands to set up a national chain of Clothesbanks.

One homeless charity I worked with gave me a tour one day and their clothes room was absolutely bulging with clean decent clothes which impressed me.

The bloke shook his head and said that most of it won't be worn because many "clients" will only wear designer gear.

One homeless charity I worked with gave me a tour one day and their clothes room was absolutely bulging with clean decent clothes which impressed me.

The bloke shook his head and said that most of it won't be worn because many "clients" will only wear designer gear.

Did he then say "Help yourself." and if not why not? Sounds like it is going to waste.

Did he then say "Help yourself." and if not why not? Sounds like it is going to waste.

I worked with them (as opposed to for them) so it would have been against the rules, and also the spirit in which they were given.

I assumed that every few months they cleared half of it out and dumped in the Sally Ann clothes banks so it ended up being shredded for new material. So not entirely wasted.

I wasn't aware that we were supposed to be anything.

There is a huge range of opinions here with the only exception being the odd stray Labour voter who you can recognise because they start accusing everybody of being a Tory ("you voted for them").

Conservatives with a small c

Guest eight

While I'm supportive of the headteacher, was anyone else saddened by the punctuation and grammar within the letter ?

The place is an intellectual black hole. She was probably a literary genius when she got the job.

Conservatives with a small c

Under my fascist rule women wouldn't be allowed to wear nighties or dressing gowns. The possession of such items of frumpery would be punishable by hard labour. It's for the greater good.

Under my fascist rule women wouldn't be allowed to wear nighties or dressing gowns. The possession of such items of frumpery would be punishable by hard labour. It's for the greater good.

Have you thought that through, in this modern age......

I once saw Katie Price shopping in Tesco wearing slippers, pyjamas and a leopard print dressing gown. She was with her mum (I presume) and I was looking around for the cameras, but no, she was just shopping. Obviously attention seeking, or making some sort of statement, but I was gratified to see that nobody was particularly interested!

I once saw Katie Price shopping in Tesco wearing slippers, pyjamas and a leopard print dressing gown. She was with her mum (I presume) and I was looking around for the cameras, but no, she was just shopping. Obviously attention seeking, or making some sort of statement, but I was gratified to see that nobody was particularly interested!

I have heard the name but who is she?

I have heard the name but who is she?

Former Page 3 'stunna', turned 'celebrity' (reality TV). Used to be much bigger than she is nowadays, no pun intended.