House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

He's at it again

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AFSBCPSFL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Carney warns Brexit could lead to interest rate rise"

Brilliant, they can use this excuse to scare the whole sorry country.

Here's what he said about the Scottish Referendum

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/232bb124-3809-11e4-b69d-00144feabdc0.html

“yes” vote could push back the interest rate rise timetable.

​Shameful scaremongering IMHO

Now he is gone one big f*****g step too far, this Canadian c**t is to anyone with an IQ bigger than their show size George Osbornes puppet.

What he has done now is stick his nose into politics.

This is about Britain and thousands of years of culture, he has now authority to speak on this subject at all

Why are UK citizens not getting more annoyed about this, this has angered me more than anything in a long time. Carneys threat is basically what I posted about the other day, leave the EU and your property value will lower.

What do you expect from a scummy banker.

The whole lot of them are charlatans and crooks, peddling promises and money they don't have and forcing populations to impoverish themelves to pay interest on money conjured out of nothing, increasingly backing by nothing unless their gambling has to be back-stopped by the public.

They are all scammers of the highest order.

Now he is gone one big f*****g step too far, this Canadian c**t is to anyone with an IQ bigger than their show size George Osbornes puppet.

What he has done now is stick his nose into politics.

This is about Britain and thousands of years of culture, he has now authority to speak on this subject at all

Why are UK citizens not getting more annoyed about this, this has angered me more than anything in a long time. Carneys threat is basically what I posted about the other day, leave the EU and your property value will lower.

What? are you surprised???

Its all one big Gentlemen’s club.

So he'd sell Britain down the river for a measly rate change. Typical banker.

It is why banks like having a multinational employment profile. In that environment bare greed takes over any local/national interests and means they will ****** over anybody for the next coin and not give two hoots for the local knock on effects.

He's at it again

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AFSBCPSFL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Carney warns Brexit could lead to interest rate rise"

Brilliant, they can use this excuse to scare the whole sorry country.

Here's what he said about the Scottish Referendum

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/232bb124-3809-11e4-b69d-00144feabdc0.html

“yes” vote could push back the interest rate rise timetable.

​Shameful scaremongering IMHO

As a saver, an interest rate rise would be the most compelling reason I can think of to vote for a Brexit.

They would have been better hiring a communications consultant and not bothering with a 'Governor' for 10 years. That would have been better value.

He doesnt actually do anything.

I'm curious... would you prefer he didn't announce what might happen if some events took place?

I would prefer he wasnt paid a fortune for doing this and very little else.

I will do it for half the money, throw in the odd joke and not require a huge London rental allowance.

Bonus for the taxpayer.

I'm curious... would you prefer he didn't announce what might happen if some events took place?

Yes. Make policies, announce policies. It's not f**king difficult.

He's trying to control the market with "talk". IIRC he basically said that was one of his option a long time back.

That might work for a while but no one believes a word he says any more...

He is "the boy who cried wolf".

I see that there are an increasing number of mainstream commentators saying that the central banks are losing control. It will be interesting to see the consequences of this. Personally, I no longer see cash as remotely safe. Cyprus and the recent bail-in legislation are good evidence for this. You don't just get a small negative return, they take the principal.

Obviously, the central banks want people to spend their cash to get the economy going but in my case (and probably many others), I am reducing spending on consumer items and building up assets instead (when the price is right).

2009, I was 25% assets (real/financial), 75% cash

2016, ~80% in assets (real/financial), only 20% left in cash (SIPP)

For a long time, the UK population has seemed easy to placate. ZIRP means cheap loans, Woohoo!! Mortgage and Ipad please.... so the central bank initially gets their "stimulus".

Eventually, central banks extreme measures will just cause fear => Less consumer spending, people search for "protection" assets.

For those of you with house deposits, how are you protecting it?

What do you expect from a scummy banker.

The whole lot of them are charlatans and crooks, peddling promises and money they don't have and forcing populations to impoverish themelves to pay interest on money conjured out of nothing, increasingly backing by nothing unless their gambling has to be back-stopped by the public.

They are all scammers of the highest order.

Hes a boomer. What do you expect?

Media reasons not to leave the EU: House prices might go down and interest rates might go up.

Sounds brilliant.

It won them the 2015 election.

I was taking about this the other day. When I read that Goldman Sachs has shown their hand with funding for the In campaign, I got thinking.

What would scare people to stay in?

Immediately house prices, interest rates and 'economic security' came to mind. It's like herding sheep. Oh wait, they are! :lol::lol:

Not a 100% Nigel Farage fan, but that guy has a London city financial background which he does not even try to hide, but he has pointed out that there is more to life than money and if a fall in our prosperity means reclaiming our culture so be it.

Sorry that's incorrect. Nigel Farage was a metals trader at the London Metals Exchange before becoming politically active. He may have drank in the same city drinking holes as the bankers but he's never been one of them.