House Price Crash Forum
LandOfConfusion

Uncyclopedia Btl Article Deleted For Being "class Warfare"

Uncyclopedia has now deleted the excellent and surprisingly accurate article on BTL (archived here).

I tried to vote for it to be kept but the facility for doing so was unavailable for some reason and all but one of those that were able to vote suggested it should be removed not because it violated their deletion policy but because some members and one moderator didn't like what it said it encouraged "class warfare", presumably because of things like:

John Major's dream was to create another, slightly lower tier of rich, greedy and self serving Tory voters within the British class system.

Combined in the same section with:

Whilst the Tories sowed the seeds, the real shitstorm was served up under Labour.

Which as you can see is inflammatory stuff.

Incidentally I don't think this is the first time the article has been pulled either.

Yet today it has "Today's Featured Article - The Communist Manifesto" which seems like hypocrisy and double standards.

Maybe it just likes to publish and push failed ideas like communism and BtL (although some would say that communism is alive and well and disguised as modern day "capitalism").

Edited by billybong

Uncyclopedia has now deleted the excellent and surprisingly accurate article on BTL (archived here).

I tried to vote for it to be kept but the facility for doing so was unavailable for some reason and all but one of those that were able to vote suggested it should be removed not because it violated their deletion policy but because some members and one moderator didn't like what it said it encouraged "class warfare", presumably because of things like:

Combined in the same section with:

Which as you can see is inflammatory stuff.

Incidentally I don't think this is the first time the article has been pulled either.

Damn it - I wrote some of that!

From wikipedia

Uncyclopedia is an encyclopedia full of misinformation and utter lies. You might say it puts the "psych!" in "encyclopedia". It's sort of like Congress or Parliament, but unlike Congress or Parliament, we do have a sense of humor. Nonetheless, this is one of the only factual pages, before everything turns into a puddle of utter confusion and disarray. Savor it. And for the love of Sophia, we know you like disarray, (and confusion) but stop adding confusion to this non-confusing page which leads to confusion, and possibly disarray. Which we wish to stop. Non-non-confusion, that is. Not disarray. Or is it the other way around?

Maybe Uncyclopedia is paying the BtL article a back handed compliment in that the article isn't "full of misinformation and utter lies" - and therefore doesn't belong there.

Edited by billybong

So it`s ok to holiday in Pembrokeshire then http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/Pembrokeshire

Uncyclopedia is an encyclopedia full of misinformation and utter lies. You might say it puts the "psych!" in "encyclopedia". It's sort of like Congress or Parliament, but unlike Congress or Parliament, we do have a sense of humor. Nonetheless, this is one of the only factual pages, before everything turns into a puddle of utter confusion and disarray. Savor it. And for the love of Sophia, we know you like disarray, (and confusion) but stop adding confusion to this non-confusing page which leads to confusion, and possibly disarray. Which we wish to stop. Non-non-confusion, that is. Not disarray. Or is it the other way around?

Edited by long time lurking

The interesting thing for me is the timing of the deletion. That article has been up for *years*.....only now are we seeing a real *mainstream* backlash against the corrosive buy to let - both in the media and in government/finance. And only now it gets deleted.

Hmmm...

As for the comments on why it was deleted -

* the only 'class warfare' element was pointing out that our political parties are (to simplify) 'all the same'. I'd wager that what they thought was politics of envy would in actuality be turned on it's head when you compare my inferred 'class' to that of a leveraged landlord.

* the bit about the author(s) having had a glass or two before writing it, I rarely drink and was definitely sober when I wrote my bits,

* I've never been screwed over by a landlord, but then, I've never lived in a typical buy to letter's place.