House Price Crash Forum

Flipping Heck!

curious1

HOLA441

I watch in shock as this pretty nice corner detached house was cut open and gutted. Mature trees hacked to bits. All life and soul removed...

Once it was finished, I was further amazed to see plastic patio doors to seperate the lounge and kitchen... office doors have replaced period doors.... and then now to top it all off.... I've seen that for this act of destruction, the owners are hoping to pocket not far off £1m for their efforts!....

Read it and weap....bought for £550k in 2014, asking £1.4m today.... I kid you not.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/39025321?search_identifier=93295acbe4c31836e03b10d7cc468445#KSHKr6W1Duq7DRlB.97

Unless some idiot from abroad buys this, they are going to be waiting a long time to get this off the market... that's for sure.

One to watch...

HOLA442

I watch in shock as this pretty nice corner detached house was cut open and gutted. Mature trees hacked to bits. All life and soul removed...

Once it was finished, I was further amazed to see plastic patio doors to seperate the lounge and kitchen... office doors have replaced period doors.... and then now to top it all off.... I've seen that for this act of destruction, the owners are hoping to pocket not far off £1m for their efforts!....

Read it and weap....bought for £550k in 2014, asking £1.4m today.... I kid you not.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/39025321?search_identifier=93295acbe4c31836e03b10d7cc468445#KSHKr6W1Duq7DRlB.97

Unless some idiot from abroad buys this, they are going to be waiting a long time to get this off the market... that's for sure.

One to watch...

I'm speechless.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Im gonna go against the grain on this one. the house has been done out pretty well, and its done to tastes of the buyer not the seller. Its modern, bright, spacious and minimal. Type of things that people like to buy. I have nothing against this guy.

Yes the price is high, but at least he has had some vision to buy something, add value and then sell at a profit. Thats busines IMO.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Im gonna go against the grain on this one. the house has been done out pretty well, and its done to tastes of the buyer not the seller. Its modern, bright, spacious and minimal. Type of things that people like to buy. I have nothing against this guy.

Yes the price is high, but at least he has had some vision to buy something, add value and then sell at a profit. Thats busines IMO.

I see these developments all the time. Like you I have little comment re the developer - but I understand the sentiment on this thread.

Where I do have an issue is the price. I see numpties paying ridiculous prices for something presented well. I can't comment on this area or price exactly..,.but the uplift here is ridiculous.

I genuinely and very often see places like this achieve 40% more than comparisons (ie comparisons to others done up but something less dramatic) when the true value is more likely 5% more.

I bought a semi-bungalow many years ago £160k and next door was £250k. The old dear across the road said to me.....it's amazing what people pay for central heating and a bathroom. Her comment and understated observation still makes me laugh today.

BTL'ers definitely snap up bottom end properties done in this 'style' for 30% over the odds in my town.

My advice is wait.....as prices drop these are the ones that fall the most.

Ps super find by the way. ?

Edited by Phil321

HOLA4412

I see these developments all the time. Like you I have little comment re the developer - but I understand the sentiment on this thread.

Where I do have an issue is the price. I see numpties paying ridiculous prices for something presented well. I can't comment on this area or price exactly..,.but the uplift here is ridiculous.

I genuinely and very often see places like this achieve 40% more than comparisons (ie comparisons to others done up but something less dramatic) when the true value is more likely 5% more.

I bought a semi-bungalow many years ago £160k and next door was £250k. The old dear across the road said to me.....it's amazing what people pay for central heating and a bathroom. Her comment and understated observation still makes me laugh today.

BTL'ers definitely snap up bottom end properties done in this 'style' for 30% over the odds in my town.

My advice is wait.....as prices drop these are the ones that fall the most.

Ps super find by the way.

I agree with what you said, but the houses on the same street are going for the same price. So perhaps the 500k was a steal, raher thann the final selling price a rip off?

HOLA4413

I agree with what you said, but the houses on the same street are going for the same price. So perhaps the 500k was a steal, raher thann the final selling price a rip off?

Understood. Thx.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

That open plan kitchen.diner is a bad idea for a couple of reasons.

1) I would assume the buyer loves to cook and will be occasionally creating smoke as part of the cooking process grilling etc.I assume they would also be cooking curries and other stinky food that will fill that room!

2) It's a bitch to heat

3) I'm out

HOLA4416

Adding value is something completely different to adding price.;)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

That open plan kitchen.diner is a bad idea for a couple of reasons.

1) I would assume the buyer loves to cook and will be occasionally creating smoke as part of the cooking process grilling etc.I assume they would also be cooking curries and other stinky food that will fill that room!

2) It's a bitch to heat

3) I'm out

4. Washing machines. Other countries have laundry rooms or the building regs allow them to go in the bathrooms, so the noise can be shut off when you're trying to watch TV.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

It's been done up on the cheap...radiators, staircase, carpet quality give that away and do they really have a concertina door between the kitchen and living room ??

What is the glass panel for in the bathroom??

HOLA4425

Oh great, a charming Victorian house with it's walls and period features consigned to history.

Not much off road parking either. Could you get a second vehicle off the road? There's a yellow line on the road at the front so I suspect visitors are going to find it hard to park nearby.