House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hectors House

Virus In Latin American Affecting New Born Children Traced To Brazil

The mosquito-born Zika virus is linked to rising cases of microcephaly, a neurological disorder in which infants are born with smaller craniums and brains is rampaging through South America.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-01-22/women-in-latin-american-countries-told-to-avoid-pregnancy-due-to-birth-defects-linked-to-virus/

There is talk that this is down to Brazil's rapid deforestation of the Amazon that is bringing the general population into contact with viruses which until recently were unheard of.

Mosquito borne viruses are a problem world wide and it is a battle lost due to lack of money being spent tackling the problem however little is known about this virus.

what, you mean like Gordon brown's mosquito nets?

tough on the symptoms, shite on the causes of crime.

mosquito's still got the virus....

you have to permanently kill, disable or sterilise the litte feckers to tackle the problem effectively.

Sadly something is going to affect the human population as there is simply too many of us. It would seem likely this virus will spread around the globe.

China and India are ripe for some form of mass epidemic.

Now that everyone can have a degree, large brains are not necessary. It is evolution.

Apparently the virus has appeared in UK now. No more babies please.

(CNN)Three British travelers have been infected with the Zika virus, health officials revealed this week.

"As of January 2016, three cases associated with travel to Colombia, Suriname and Guyana have been diagnosed in UK travelers," Public Health England said on its website.

The government agency did not provide further details about the cases but added that the virus "does not occur naturally in the UK."

Zika "is not spread directly from person to person," it said.

Phew.

Good point, except immigration is still rife...

but if this becomes as common as malaria, population growth in all developing countries with mosquito populations drops to near zero. Immigration pressures will lessen.

Greens should be pleased though. They've been looking for a solution to global warming - here you go, population reduction by nature!

(CNN)Three British travelers have been infected with the Zika virus, health officials revealed this week.

"As of January 2016, three cases associated with travel to Colombia, Suriname and Guyana have been diagnosed in UK travelers," Public Health England said on its website.

The government agency did not provide further details about the cases but added that the virus "does not occur naturally in the UK."

Zika "is not spread directly from person to person," it said.

Phew.

When I worked for an airline in the 70s, there were certain routes where before anyone got off, and probably before the doors were even opened, the crew would go through the cabin emptying two entire aerosols of insecticide, in case any malaria-mozzies were lurking. It was a requirement of the destination country.

Can't see the same happening now somehow - there would be too many issues over what chemicals were in the insecticide, and how they might affect passengers with lawyers in hot pursuit.

Sadly something is going to affect the human population as there is simply too many of us. It would seem likely this virus will spread around the globe.

China and India are ripe for some form of mass epidemic.

Probably more heads per sq/km here in blighty!

On the plus side, microcephaly probably makes childbirth less painful.

Your mum told you that! :rolleyes:

Apparently the virus has appeared in UK now. No more babies please.

There is a reason why women have a short window of opportunity when they can naturally give birth to children.......there is a reason why people can only be actively productive for a set number of years give or take a few years.......extending life and extending child bearing years bears unintended consequences.....nature knows best. ;)

I have quite a small head. I never thought about it much. Probably won't now. :blink:

"Biotech Is Godzilla" - Sepultura

Rio Summit, '92
Street people kidnapped
Hid from view
"To save the earth"
Our rulers met
Some had other
Secret plans

No... No... No... No...

Biotech
Biotech
Biotech
Say what?

Strip-mine the Amazon
Of cells of life itself
Gold rush for genes is on
Natives get nothing

Biotech
Biotech
Biotech
Is Godzilla

Mutations cooked in labs
Money-mad experiments
New food + medicine?
New germs + accidents!
Like Cubatao
"World's most polluted town"
Air melts your face
Deformed children all around
Bio-technology
Ain't what's so bad
Like all technology
It's in the wrong hands

Cut-throat corporations
Don't give a damn
When lots of people die
From what they've made

Biotech
Biotech
Biotech
Is A.I.D.S.?

Stop!!!

There is a reason why women have a short window of opportunity when they can naturally give birth to children.......there is a reason why people can only be actively productive for a set number of years give or take a few years.......extending life and extending child bearing years bears unintended consequences.....nature knows best. ;)

You don't understand those childbirth risks are negligible compared to the risk of not being promoted to head of department in your job of office spreadsheet botherer.

The babys born with shrunken brains seem completely unrealted to the Zika virus which has been around for decades and never caused this before.

Current theory in Brasil is that a new vaccine that has been compulsory for pregnant women since the beginning of 2015 is causing the babys born with shrunken brains.

Coincidentally the babies with shrunken brain started appearing in autumn 2015 9 months after the start of the vaccination campaign of pregant women.

When I worked for an airline in the 70s, there were certain routes where before anyone got off, and probably before the doors were even opened, the crew would go through the cabin emptying two entire aerosols of insecticide, in case any malaria-mozzies were lurking. It was a requirement of the destination country.

Can't see the same happening now somehow - there would be too many issues over what chemicals were in the insecticide, and how they might affect passengers with lawyers in hot pursuit.

Still happens , 3 weeks ago for example Beijing to London.

So far the only English language site that I can find that seems to have picked up on this is beforeitsnews, I actually was told about this by a Brasilian couple I'm friends with who heard about the vaccine connection from their relatives in Brasil.

http://ww.beforeitsnews.com/awakening-start-here/2016/01/this-shrunken-brain-problem-directly-coincides-with-the-introduction-of-a-new-tdap-vaccine-5442.html

I have quite a small head. I never thought about it much. Probably won't now. :blink:

I dare say it was a relief to your mother when you were born. :-)

That virus is frightening. Back in October 2014 my daughter and son in law went to a wedding in Brazil. She was about 4 months pregnant at the time, and all I was worried about was the long haul flights, given that she'd already had a couple of misses.

So far the only English language site that I can find that seems to have picked up on this is beforeitsnews, I actually was told about this by a Brasilian couple I'm friends with who heard about the vaccine connection from their relatives in Brasil.

http://ww.beforeitsnews.com/awakening-start-here/2016/01/this-shrunken-brain-problem-directly-coincides-with-the-introduction-of-a-new-tdap-vaccine-5442.html

The Brazilian Dr leading the research on this was on the radio yesterday and he was very clear that there is no current evidence of a direct link.

He spoke of other cross-factors which may be working in conjunction with the virus to cause the birth defects and that they're trying to establish what they are.

This vaccine seems likely to be on that list.

Interesting angle on the story.

The virus has been known about for decades. Has it mutated? If not, has the spread of microcephaly matched the spread of the virus/mosquito, historically?

Is the TDAP vaccine used elsewhere? Outside the mosquito/ virus affected regions? What is the prevalence of microcephaly there?

The MSM seems to have already decided that the virus is the cause.