House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Lucas Proposed Edm To Look At Ci

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/universal-basic-income-british-parliament-to-consider-motion-uk-a6823211.html

Almost certainly not a true simple CI - "A universal payment for all must not undermine additional help for those who need it most."

Caroline Lucas has tabled an Early Day Motion to consider a universal basic income. If you are so inclined, Please write to your MP and ask them to sign EDM 974: http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2015-16/974

Basic problem with CI is that for it to be affordable it needs to replace all other benefits, but no-one on the left is going to accept the massive cuts this entails for those already in receipt of benefits.

Guest eight

Basic problem with CI is that for it to be affordable it needs to replace all other benefits, but no-one on the left is going to accept the massive cuts this entails for those already in receipt of benefits.

So true. Once you start with the perverse incentives you're back on the road to where you've come from.

What is it about being disabled that means that you require more hard cash than the next man?

I clicked on this thread because I wanted to know what George Lucas was proposing using Electronic Dance Music for...

You think you had problems? I wrote the heading and just looked at it and had to wait a whole second or so before my brain clicked what it was about.

:)