House Price Crash Forum

20,000 Posts....here's What I Have Seen

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441

I've (sadly/joyously) passed the 20,000 post mark today, it's been 8 years of posting...a long time for any man. I'm tired of the house price crash battle for sure, it should have been over 4 years ago now...but still it rages on.

Here's what I've witnessed in this time

------

• Moved house in 2005, realised what a mistake it was where I moved to then tried to sell.
  • finally sold my house in 2007 after 12-18 months of trying, just about broke even. Initial asking prices were insane, EAs over valuing, had to drop 15% to sell ( sound familiar? )
  • Decided to rent than buy as had been caught by the "available properties at the tine you want/need to sell con" and didn't want to make that same mistake
  • Shortly after this the NR went belly up, I watched with disbelief and fear. 120% mortgages were a BAD idea. So is FLS/HTB/0% IRs !!!! The prices now are effectivelt 120% 2007 prices, be afraid!!!
  • I think it was then I realised what a CON it was and found HPC into the bargain. Things I had said 5 years earlier about the insane price rises being nonsensical/unsustainable finally came to fruition
  • I was viewing houses initially and I even witnessed a .grown man, EA, cry and beg me to buy a house off me. The same man who was shouting down the phone at me 8 weeks earlier when I offered sane money on a house !!! I stopped viewing and decided to see what happened....
  • I actually went into a brach of the halifax and cashed in a bond and moved it the very day before it collapsed...the bloke laughes when I gave my reason for the transfer as "your bank is about to collapse", I hope he remembers it as well as I do.

------

• I sat back and watched the prices start to collapse.
  • I sat back and watched people desperate to sell but couldn't.
  • I sat back and watched the BoE drop rates to 0% temporarily ( :rolleyes: )
  • Prices falls started to slow down ( approx 22% down ) and the market flatlined

-------

• I sat and watched with incredulity as they printed moiney and Gordon "Savoir of the World" Brown though everything at saving the banks ( I guess to appease his ego more than anything, for this was HIS mess ).
  • The market flatlined . No one could sell. No one would accept "sane" offers.

-------

• It was about this time the people who bought my house tried to sell, just the £70K more than they paid me, of course.
  • A new dawn Brown was gone and the Tories had come to sort out the mess, they promised, they had a plan.

-------

• The market flatlined still. No one could sell. No one would accept "sane" offers.
  • It could surely only be a matter of time till they raised rates and the tories did the right thing, as per their promises.
  • The LR graph was looking like some sick joke, the market was clearly unnatural

------

• The market flatlined still. No one could sell. No one would accept "sane" offers.
  • Something was started happening at the end of this year, houses that had sat on the market for 4 years started going under off. EA started lapping it up and sane offers were suddenly laughed at.

-------

• Was about this time my previous house buyers finally managed to sell at around a 20% loss, in llne with the market,
  • The magical recovery continued, esp in London, no doubt backed by FLS then HTB etc. The market was clearly over heated very quickly and IRs needed to rise
  • The worst thing about the FLS was how it was used...to fund the bubble and drive down mortgage/savings rates. This was directly against what the tories promised to do....they lied to get power...this is fraud in my book.
  • The BoE/Government did nothing as prices started to rise, worse than that they were fueling it.
  • The MSM joined in, fanning the fire.

------

• Full on London mega bubble
  • The insanity was there for us all to see.
  • Scotland nearly saved us by voting yes but the government went all in showing their hand, they did not want the boat rocket, 2 months of fear inducing press releases and breakable promuses made sure the old toed the line and vote no.

------

• Election year, prices were balloon out of kilter with reality but the London market was starting to creak ( Well done Damik for your thread
  • The "recovery" started to spread to the shires with people selling for silly money in London now buying worthless houses in the shire for MEGA money.
  • I Thought I was starting to loose my sanity watching this nonsense progress.
  • The Greek people alsmost saved us this year, I think they wanted to eave but were ****ed over right at the last minute...as were we effectively.
  • Everyone, and I mean everyone I knew in London sold up and moved to commuter land, paying WELL over the odds for houses
  • Several people I knew in Northampton sold up at insane prices too, proper 2007+20% prices.

------

• I've given up now, I fell numb to it all.
  • I've watched the over indebted be bailed out
  • I've watched the BTLers be rewarded for their stupidity
  • I've watch whatc I can only term fraud and corrutpion before my very eyes.
  • I've watched a banker on TV telling savers the low IRs/QE was for their benefit ( fook off you little c**t I shouted at the TV ).
  • Im just sitting watch the mess created over the previous 15 years come to fruition again. Sure they can call it a new recession, a new bubble etc but i've watched it for 8 years, it's rthe same bubble, the problem, the same DESPRESSION.
  • now, i'm just looking to protect my wealth now, nothing else.
  • Financially, should I have bought or rented in 2007.......definitely rented. I've owned 4 houses ( mostly serially)...It's not all that.
  • Do I want free equity and easy money from a house, no, that is unfair, society needs fairness, I have children and at some point they need to live too.
  • I've seen plenty come and plenty leave. Several people gave up in 2010/2011 and bought all of them to a man saying they expected more falls, all of them wrong :P
  • I've seen more trolls than Elijah Wood and slayen a good few too.

The highlights

-------------------

The people mainly.

Some very interesting posters/posts.

Great humour.

Some decent men, really decent men ( and women ). I think TMT is my favourite (just because of his Avatar) And a special mention to Venger, the only man angrier than me,

Watching the events unfold.

I've learned a lot.

I've hopefully educated a bit.

Realising I wasnt mad after all.

The best highlight is yet to come I suspect.

The lowlights

------------------

The slimey nasty horrible self serving selfish sniveling greasy horrible little troll EAs/BTL/Banker scum bags. They deserve all that's coming to them. Im sure there's only a couple of them out there and I dont think we need to flatter ourselves with the fact that no one really much views this forum in any great detail. I think the best phrase for them is....a bunch of ****s

Watching the tories renege on ALL their promises, printing money and handing it out like sweeties before the election.

Vince Cable...he should have spoke out when he had the chance.

Kirsty

Phil

Kirsty & Phil

Phil & Kirsty

I sit and look at what is going on now, what has gone on and I can scarcely believe it.

Somehow the bankers have taken over. It's totally frightening and I forsee real trouble ahead.

I dont think Osborne can actually believe what has happened to be honest, he looks like a little boy who's run out from behind the ice cream van licking his cone and to realise a juggernaught is heading his way. Maybe he's an idiot, maybe he's a fool, maybe he's evil, maybe he's corrupt, maybe he's out of touch, maybe he's deluded, maybe he desperate, maybe he's doing what he thinks is needed, maybe he is doing what he is told. Ultimately though, he is responsible for this mess.

The asking prices are now insane in the shires. The selling prices are beyond insane in London., There is nothing based on any sort of fundamentals. The governments unfaltering support for the banks/housing bubble/spivs/speculators is obscene, frightening. It's sad what has happened more than anything.

On a personal note, I hope I've entertained. I hope i've made some of you laugh ( most of my posts are in jest ). I hope i've told it like it is. I sincerely hope the above mentioned trolls were insulted and angry by my comments, they were not in jest.

I'm not leaving (yet) but I really dont want to make another 20,000 posts.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442

I've (sadly/joyously) passed the 20,000 post mark today, it's been 8 years of posting...a long time for any man. I'm tired of the house price crash battle for sure, it should have been over 4 years ago now...but still it rages on.

Here's what I've witnessed in this time

------

• Moved house in 2005, realised what a mistake it was where I moved to then tried to sell.
  • finally sold my house in 2007 after 12-18 months of trying, just about broke even. Initial asking prices were insane, EAs over valuing, had to drop 15% to sell ( sound familiar? )
  • Decided to rent than buy as had been caught by the "available properties at the tine you want/need to sell con" and didn't want to make that same mistake
  • Shortly after this the NR went belly up, I watched with disbelief and fear. 120% mortgages were a BAD idea. So is FLS/HTB/0% IRs !!!! The prices now are effectivelt 120% 2007 prices, be afraid!!!
  • I think it was then I realised what a CON it was and found HPC into the bargain. Things I had said 5 years earlier about the insane price rises being nonsensical/unsustainable finally came to fruition
  • I was viewing houses initially and I even witnessed a .grown man, EA, cry and beg me to buy a house off me. The same man who was shouting down the phone at me 8 weeks earlier when I offered sane money on a house !!! I stopped viewing and decided to see what happened....
  • I actually went into a brach of the halifax and cashed in a bond and moved it the very day before it collapsed...the bloke laughes when I gave my reason for the transfer as "your bank is about to collapse", I hope he remembers it as well as I do.

------

• I sat back and watched the prices start to collapse.
  • I sat back and watched people desperate to sell but couldn't.
  • I sat back and watched the BoE drop rates to 0% temporarily ( :rolleyes: )
  • Prices falls started to slow down ( approx 22% down ) and the market flatlined

-------

• I sat and watched with incredulity as they printed moiney and Gordon "Savoir of the World" Brown though everything at saving the banks ( I guess to appease his ego more than anything, for this was HIS mess ).

-------

• It was about this time the people who bought my house tried to sell, just the £70K more than they paid me, of course.
  • A new dawn Brown was gone and the Tories had come to sort out the mess, they promised, they had a plan.

-------

• It could surely only be a matter of time till they raised rates and the tories did the right thing, as per their promises.
  • The LR graph was looking like some sick joke, the market was clearly unnatural

------

• Something was started happening at the end of this year, houses that had sat on the market for 4 years started going under off. EA started lapping it up and sane offers were suddenly laughed at.

-------

• Was about this time my previous house buyers finally managed to sell at around a 20% loss, in llne with the market,
  • The magical recovery continued, esp in London, no doubt backed by FLS then HTB etc. The market was clearly over heated very quickly and IRs needed to rise
  • The worst thing about the FLS was how it was used...to fund the bubble and drive down mortgage/savings rates. This was directly against what the tories promised to do....they lied to get power...this is fraud in my book.
  • The BoE/Government did nothing as prices started to rise, worse than that they were fueling it.
  • The MSM joined in, fanning the fire.

------

• Full on London mega bubble
  • The insanity was there for us all to see.
  • Scotland nearly saved us by voting yes but the government went all in showing their hand, they did not want the boat rocket, 2 months of fear inducing press releases and breakable promuses made sure the old toed the line and vote no.

------

• Election year, prices were balloon out of kilter with reality but the London market was starting to creak ( Well done Damik for your thread
  • The "recovery" started to spread to the shires with people selling for silly money in London now buying worthless houses in the shire for MEGA money.
  • I Thought I was starting to loose my sanity watching this nonsense progress.
  • The Greek people alsmost saved us this year, I think they wanted to eave but were ****ed over right at the last minute...as were we effectively.
  • Everyone, and I mean everyone I knew in London sold up and moved to commuter land, paying WELL over the odds for houses
  • Several people I knew in Northampton sold up at insane prices too, proper 2007+20% prices.

------

• I've given up now, I fell numb to it all.
  • I've watched the over indebted be bailed out
  • I've watched the BTLers be rewarded for their stupidity
  • I've watch whatc I can only term fraud and corrutpion before my very eyes.
  • I've watched a banker on TV telling savers the low IRs/QE was for their benefit ( fook off you little c**t I shouted at the TV ).
  • Im just sitting watch the mess created over the previous 15 years come to fruition again. Sure they can call it a new recession, a new bubble etc but i've watched it for 8 years, it's rthe same bubble, the problem, the same DESPRESSION.
  • now, i'm just looking to protect my wealth now, nothing else.
  • Financially, should I have bought or rented in 2007.......definitely rented. I've owned 4 houses ( mostly serially)...It's not all that.
  • Do I want free equity and easy money from a house, no, that is unfair, society needs fairness, I have children and at some point they need to live too.
  • I've seen plenty come and plenty leave. Several people gave up in 2010/2011 and bought all of them to a man saying they expected more falls, all of them wrong :P
  • I've seen more trolls than Elijah Wood and slayen a good few too.

The highlights

-------------------

The people mainly.

Some very interesting posters/posts.

Great humour.

Some decent men, really decent men ( and women ). I think TMT is my favourite (just because of his Avatar) And a special mention to Venger, the only man angrier than me,

Watching the events unfold.

I've learned a lot.

I've hopefully educated a bit.

Realising I wasnt mad after all.

The best highlight is yet to come I suspect.

The lowlights

------------------

The slimey nasty horrible self serving selfish sniveling greasy horrible little troll EAs/BTL/Banker scum bags. They deserve all that's coming to them. Im sure there's only a couple of them out there and I dont think we need to flatter ourselves with the fact that no one really much views this forum in any great detail. I think the best phrase for them is....a bunch of ****s

Watching the tories renege on ALL their promises, printing money and handing it out like sweeties before the election.

Vince Cable...he should have spoke out when he had the chance.

I sit and look at what is going on now, what has gone on and I can scarcely believe it.

Somehow the bankers have taken over. It's totally frightening and I forsee real trouble ahead.

I dont think Osborne can actually believe what has happened to be honest, he looks like a little boy who's run out from behind the ice cream van licking his cone and to realise a juggernaught is heading his way. Maybe he's an idiot, maybe he's a fool, maybe he's evil, maybe he's corrupt, maybe he's out of touch, maybe he's deluded, maybe he desperate, maybe he's doing what he thinks is needed, maybe he is doing what he is told. Ultimately though, he is responsible for this mess.

The asking prices are now insane in the shires. The selling prices are beyond insane in London., There is nothing based on any sort of fundamentals. The governments unfaltering support for the banks/housing bubble/spivs/speculators is obscene, frightening. It's sad what has happened more than anything.

On a personal note, I hope I've entertained. I hope i've made some of you laugh ( most of my posts are in jest ). I hope i've told it like it is. I sincerely hope the above mentioned trolls were insulted and angry by my comments, they were not in jest.

I'm not leaving (yet) but I really dont want to make another 20,000 posts.

20000 posts @ 5 minutes per post or approx 69 days.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Hope you get your crash con. I've been posting off and on for 7.5 years, think I joined in '09.

I still think the most tangible ie eminently possible hope for house price stabilisation in the near future is a Leave vote (by all accounts this June!). Interest rate rises are out, extra building to the rqd numbers & standards is out, Govt. props are here for keeps, I know that now.

TMT is my favourite too.

HOLA4416

Don't want to piss on your parade too much Count but the lovely folks on MSE have dedicated a whole new thread to you and your 'dangerous' views... apparently you tried telling some kite flyer that they were asking too much for their flat back in 2010... 5 years and lots of government housing market props later the seller eventually achieved his figure, so it turns out you were WRONG ALL ALONG!

Edited by yanto64

HOLA4417

Great reading your posts. I have been reading HPC since 2011 and watched with similar shock and anger since then.

I almost felt like giving up end of 2013 and through 2014, as all the hard fought price drops were reversed due to HTB and other props.

I packed in my job and moved away from friends and the 3 or 4 years of invested time in building a life for myself after uni. And moved 600 miles away to live with my parents as renting + saving was just not cutting the mustard against price rises even with my bitcoin gains.

I was lucky to land on my feet and find a nice Cornish girl, a slight raise and a good progression on my career although it took 3-4 months to get set-up again (fortune favours the brave)

Summer 2015 looked very much like the white hot peak of a bubble in both housing and stocks. and hope started to turn once moving averages were broken and London has reached a stage of obvious bubble.

2016 has really been giving us the goods, my mood is much improved. Chinas collapse, BTL getting taxed slightly better, the swing to the left ,commodities through the floor and the stashed money (in property) starting to flow right out again.easy come easy go. Maybe a brexit, America interest rates up, pound dropping. Basel 3. MMR. etc etc

So now I'm much better set up to take advantage of the crash. It's now obviously no longer a matter of 'if' but 'when'. And it's coming towards us at a great pace, anywhere between 6-18 months away now.

I wish I stuck to my gold guns, instead of my permanent portfolio approach. But I'm happy with my choices as a whole. I do feel we have been in a depression and we will remain to be for another 4-5 years at least.

HPC has meant a lot to me. as the media and debt-junkies can make you feel like a failure for not being able to afford or accept prices. HPC can make you cut trough the crap and learn what's actually happening.

HOLA4418

Well you make me laugh all the time.

Bland_Unsight is a genius. Neverwhere is Heavy with a capital H. Venger is just plain dangerous and when he gets let out, there is gonna be carnage in Canary Wharf. Even in this illustrious company, I think you are my favourite poster.

20k posts is a big contribution. I have managed about 150 and not many of those were saying much. However I am so much more informed than I was a year ago. Big respect to all the heavyweight posters that have something to say like you.

HOLA4419

Don't want to piss on your parade too much Count but the lovely folks on MSE have dedicated a whole new thread to you and your 'dangerous' views... apparently you tried telling some kite flyer that they were asking too much for their flat back in 2010... 5 years and lots of government housing market props later the seller eventually achieved his figure, so it turns out you were WRONG ALL ALONG!

Thanks for all the nice posts, it means a lot of all of us on here that we're not wrong/mad :lol:

I've no idea what the nutter(s) on MSE have against me, thanks for that post thouigh it's really made my day, I dont go over there and tell them they are wrong, nor do I go their place of work and tell them how to use their broom.

Im glad someone has finally achieved their 2010 asking price off the back of mass state intervention, 8 years of low IR, dangerous monetary policies, banker oppression, MSM VI support, thier childrens future/quality of life etc etc etc.

I assume the 2015 price achieved is a "real world" price and not a "nominal" one......oh, thought no ( MSE, money spanking ejits ) .

While their money has been wasting away in property our money has been working hard a) to enrich us and B) to make any eventual house purchase so much better or affordable and c) to embarrass those w***ers. I can only assume their bile/hatred is based on fear and is a ringing endorsement of everyone who posts on here. Keep up the good work folks.

:lol:

Looking at what is going on I have to say it;ll be nearer 6 months than 18....here's hoping,

TMT....did you realise we all love you ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4420

Well you make me laugh all the time.

Bland_Unsight is a genius. Neverwhere is Heavy with a capital H. Venger is just plain dangerous and when he gets let out, there is gonna be carnage in Canary Wharf. Even in this illustrious company, I think you are my favourite poster.

20k posts is a big contribution. I have managed about 150 and not many of those were saying much. However I am so much more informed than I was a year ago. Big respect to all the heavyweight posters that have something to say like you.

Thanks man. my main intention is mainly humour so I appreciate that. I'n sure i am a bit close to the bone sometimes but given what has gone on I dont see we can do anything else but laugh.

Brilliant summary of Venger, love it.

I sincerely hope no one else get to 20,000 posts,

I should have said...MODS, thanks for doing your job and any support/help you have given. I am sure I have been a pain in the butt at time but my intentions have always been for the best, mostly,

HOLA4421

Great post - and congrats Count! I've been on since 2004 and concur with so much. Has been great reading your posts although I'm nowhere near as prolific! Another big fan of TMT too. Some incredible people on here. Of course the continued irrationality of the market is maddening and the end is going to be very painful. At least we were right and can celebrate whilst getting pished on our homebrew whilst trying to chat up an old scrapper burd online! Well done Count, keep 'em coming!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

And interestrateripoff, eric and Bruce.

Stalwarts of the cause

And...Satch....Eddie_George, winkie and cashinmatress and spyguy, crashmonitor....the list goes on.

Sorry if i've missed you off the list....all the long term posters and no end of new posters too, this place has been a little beacon of sanity im the lunacy of the last 8 years.

By the way, if TMT starts posting on here, pretend you dont like him :P