House Price Crash Forum

Oldham In Top 10 ... For...

SarahBell

HOLA441

Oldham in top 10 for asylum seekers

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/96297/oldham-in-top-10-for-asylum-seekers

Mr McMahon said in September: “My town has a long, proud history of helping those seeking a safe refuge. But we should ensure placements are done equitably. Our current system isn’t working. Little or no regard is given to the impact on vital local services or the neighbourhood

Home Office immigration statistics show the town was 10th on the list, with one in every 360 residents an asylum seeker.

HOLA442
HOLA443

From what I believe, Oldham is hardly teaming with jobs. These "migrants" (not refugees I think, for the most part) should be spread out a bit if we are to take them, and I don't agree with taking so many, BTW. A few, very diluted will integrate. Stick them all together, and you have "instant ghetto". :blink:

HOLA444

Oldham in top 10 for asylum seekers

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/96297/oldham-in-top-10-for-asylum-seekers

Mr McMahon said in September: “My town has a long, proud history of helping those seeking a safe refuge. But we should ensure placements are done equitably. Our current system isn’t working. Little or no regard is given to the impact on vital local services or the neighbourhood

Home Office immigration statistics show the town was 10th on the list, with one in every 360 residents an asylum seeker.

Between by the hotspot of economic enterpise - Middlesbrough:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34597022

1 in 186.

Why bother painting doors red FFS?

BBC artilces then goes into the story about a Syrian.

Followed by an article detailing home countries:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/middlesbrough-visiting-the-asylum-seekers-suffering-racist-abuse-after-being-housed-in-properties-a6824126.html

Sri Lanka

Cmaeroon

India FFS!

'Another asylum-seeker from continental Europe' Eh?

All famous for having brutal wars going on.

'“We are not treated like human beings,” says Pierre Degrando, 56, from Cameroon. “This is no life.”'

What in fck sake did he expect? Bijou flat in Kensington.

Middlesbrough beyond fcked now.

HOLA445
HOLA446

From what I believe, Oldham is hardly teaming with jobs. These "migrants" (not refugees I think, for the most part) should be spread out a bit if we are to take them, and I don't agree with taking so many, BTW. A few, very diluted will integrate. Stick them all together, and you have "instant ghetto". :blink:

Better still, send them all to Bradford. Integration there shouldnt be a problem.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I've only been Middlesborough (well stockon) once, back in 2002 to check out the durham campus there, but my experience then was it was a pretty much 100% white working class town, like most of the far North East.

It used to be.

Middlesborugh has a large Mipuri population around the old Poly - have a look on street maps.

The rest was white working class. esp. places like Stockton.

However, in the last 10 years the council has gone out of ways to try and get every bit of of foreign dross into town.

By dross I mean not the educated asylum seekers -who'd have google 'boro before going there, but the benefit chasing scum of the world.

You'd rarly see a black face in 'boro. I went in summer and its barely white. Seriously. Never known somewhere change so rpaidly and for the worse too. Even the asylum seekers of the last 5+ years complain about the new batch. I was chatting to a Zimabawean who was saying the town is getting stuffed full of 'African and Arab criminals'.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I thought in the old days, they never liked foreigners much in Middlesborough, and by "foreigners" I mean anyone not from Middlesborough, so how come it didn't end up as a war zone?

All the natives moved out, down south?! Or perhaps just to new suburbs with their own out of town shopping centres.

No end of Northerners and Scots around Cambridge.

HOLA4413

I thought in the old days, they never liked foreigners much in Middlesborough, and by "foreigners" I mean anyone not from Middlesborough, so how come it didn't end up as a war zone?

In short, they left.

If you have money than Yarm.

If you do not have move money - Inglebly Barwick.

The only natives left are the very tolerant or the people so drug-addled they are unaware of whats happening.

HOLA4414

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3411117/The-victims-red-door-apartheid-Asylum-seekers-angry-homes-having-distinctive-red-doors-locals-ve-seen-town-lose-soul-branded-racist-just-bitter.html

'I grew up round here, and it’s so different now. I miss how it was when everybody used to speak to each other because they all knew each other. Now, I can walk to the shop from home and back again and not hear one single English voice.'
Emma Walker, 24, a mother-of-one '

HOLA4415

Oh FFS. Cannot they see a crock of sh1t tale when its told FFS?

Why in FFS is this bloke here?

'Jagjeet Singh has lived behind a red door with his wife and four children for four years. He comes from India but sought asylum here after he made a ‘love marriage’. His in-laws threatened to kill them both. And then there are the racists. ‘They throw dog mess over my back wall, and bang on my doors and shout abuse,’ he says.'

Six people drawing down benefit.

HOLA4416

Archived