House Price Crash Forum

Bannism

Executive Sadman

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Israel has a long history of banning people they don't like.

From what I read the number of people they ban is tiny compared to the number of people who ban Israelis.

My old bones lady from college, an American ?New York jew IIRC, was in the paper recently for refusing to help a young girl with a project because she was Israeli and sent her a patronising letter.

I'd start getting a real chip on my shoulder if I was Israeli.

HOLA445
HOLA446

US stopped one of our BBC journalists from entering their wonderful country, because she has a dual UK/Iranian passport. So a UK passport is no longer the door opener it used to be..

Rana Rahimpour works for the BBC Persian service and is a British-Iranian dual citizen

http://www.politico.eu/article/bbc-reporter-barred-new-us-visa-rules-iran-obama-rana-rahimpour/

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

The person who was banned is a right trougher. Margot Wallstrom.

She is currently being investigated over receiving a flat centrally in Stockholm from the "Kommunal" union (council union basically), bypassing any rental queue (normal people queue from when they're born). She also royally pissed off the Saudis (which I can't disagree with too much) but caused export issues for quite a few Swedish companies, and perhaps, wasn't thought through.

Supposedly she saw no issue with receiving an obvious bribe from a union. Clearly ministerial material. Sweden has also recognized Palestine, which I think is part of the reason Margot Wallstrom got banned.

I used to laugh at British politics, thinking Swedish politicians were more honest. How wrong I was, they're all troughers.

HOLA4410

She is currently being investigated over receiving a flat centrally in Stockholm from the "Kommunal" union (council union basically), bypassing any rental queue (normal people queue from when they're born). She also royally pissed off the Saudis (which I can't disagree with too much) but caused export issues for quite a few Swedish companies, and perhaps, wasn't thought through.

Supposedly she saw no issue with receiving an obvious bribe from a union. Clearly ministerial material. Sweden has also recognized Palestine, which I think is part of the reason Margot Wallstrom got banned.

I used to laugh at British politics, thinking Swedish politicians were more honest. How wrong I was, they're all troughers.

My Swedish friend was staying a few days ago, and she was full of this business of the union dishing out flats to cronies. Major scandal in Sweden - she kept reading me stuff off the Swedish news sites.

I was shocked, too - somehow you just don't expect it from the Nordics.

HOLA4411

Seems like a marginally less ugly Harriet Harman...

I'm not sure there are decent politicians anywhere. Perhaps Switzerland or Iceland.

HOLA4412

Oh, and Eagle because the last time I disagreed with you, on the subject of single mothers, you accused me of having been raised by a single mother (which I wasn't) I shall get in early on this one to say that I am not Jewish either.

Fair enough - that's two possibilities ruled out Frank.

So, any chance you take it up the shitter..?

;)

XYY

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

My Swedish friend was staying a few days ago, and she was full of this business of the union dishing out flats to cronies. Major scandal in Sweden - she kept reading me stuff off the Swedish news sites.

I was shocked, too - somehow you just don't expect it from the Nordics.

Well, she was EU commissioner for a long time. I'm sure she got to learn all about corruption from the masters of the art in Brussels.

HOLA4416

Just like the other demi-gods of Silicon Valley, Mark Zuckerberg doesn't know all that much about the lives of real people.

Now his social network wants to become an arbiter of acceptable behaviour in our brave new digital age.
Today, Facebook revealed plans to censor hate speech, racism and extremism across Europe, claiming that "hate speech has no place in our society - not even on the Internet".
Supporters hope the Online Civil Courage Initiative will "purge Europe of all xenophobic rhetoric" - and presumably make sure we do nothing but coo at cat memes, share inspirational quotes and discuss the colour of a dress.
But many critics fear Facebook is under government pressure to censor discussion of the migrant crisis currently gripping Europe and Germany.

10 years of jihadi's using it like instant messenger = no problem.

3 weeks after the rapefugees = no hate speech.

Source :- http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/facebooks-censorship-plans-threaten-destroy-7203995

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

10 years of jihadi's using it like instant messenger = no problem.

3 weeks after the rapefugees = no hate speech.

Source :- http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/facebooks-censorship-plans-threaten-destroy-7203995

Good, censoring opinion on it will hopefully kill it off for good.

Zuckerberg as the maladjusted nerd he is seems to think that Facebook's market share is somehow enshrined; but it's already on the way out as per the discussion on the Friends Reunited thread.

Archived